Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Best Second Fiddles On A Major RC...

So here I am taking a tiny breather while hustling to make a tough a deadline. Good card trivia/discussion question pops into my mind...

Who are the best "other guys" to ever grace a famous RC?

The obvious ones off the top of my head are below, the ultimate question being: So based solely on players featured on the card, which is the best multi-face RC?

Trammell (on Molitor's)
Koosman (on Ryan's)
Cey (on Schmidt's)
Baker and Baylor were both okay but neither was elite.
Cecil Cooper (on Fisk's)

I'm sure I'm missing some good entries...

Basketball: Bird/Magic

A card that was once awesome: 1986 Sportflics BIG SIX ROOKIES with Greenwell, Canseco, Tartabull...

Comments

• Options
    Koosman was a fantastic pitcher!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭
    Bird 1st
    Magic 2nd
  • Options
    MattyCMattyC Posts: 1,335 ✭✭
    Yeah, Koosman's stats really shocked me, as I never really saw him pitch. He was so much better than Ryan when they first came out the gate. His early years of greatness really get slept on when valuing that card.
  • Options
    Vida Blue is worth an honorable mention, though might not qualify as a famous card
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Yeah, Koosman's stats really shocked me, as I never really saw him pitch. He was so much better than Ryan when they first came out the gate. His early years of greatness really get slept on when valuing that card. >>

He was really amazing early on. Look at his first three full years with the Mets:

1968 NYM 19 12 2.08

1969 NYM 17 9 2.28

1970 NYM 12 7 3.14
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    With whom is Vida Blue pictured, or is he the main guy on his RC?

I think Koosman was ROY? Too lazy to look it up.
  • Options
    There are two pretty good players on this card. Unfortunately, this isn't the Rookie Card for any of the players pictured (which arguably is why mid-1990's Topps baseball was so disappointing).

• Options
    I never saw that card before. Man, the card companies really screwed things by not having cards like that be true RCs.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2001 Topps traded Pujols/Ichiro likely features 2 HOFers.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    As a follow up to the 1993 Topps Piazza/Delgado (1st Topps Card), here's a 1996 Topps Prospects card with a couple of pretty good players unfortunately one year too late to be actual Rookie Cards (though this is their 1st Topps Card) and further evidence why mid-1990's Topps was a disappointment.

• Options
    This one is pretty good: