Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

just how many 1952 topp sets even exist?

i was just pondering this as i see a lot of people trying to make this set...
my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2

Comments

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭
    you know production #'s on these sets don't exist (nor ever will)

and you're looking to buy the Mantle?

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Depends on how many Topps printed off today in the back room with the old machines. image
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    i think what i am more pondering is if everyone trying to build this set had enough money could they even all get the set...
    my t-205's

• Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭

<< <i>i think what i am more pondering is if everyone trying to build this set had enough money could they even all get the set... >>

And you are trying to buy the Mantle for pennies on the dollar for what they sell for right?

If we all had infinite money there would be more card collectors trying to build this set than cards printed.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>i think what i am more pondering is if everyone trying to build this set had enough money could they even all get the set... >>

And you are trying to buy the Mantle for pennies on the dollar for what they sell for right?

If we all had infinite money there would be more card collectors trying to build this set than cards printed. >>

lol i did not think $3,000-$4,000 is pennies on the dollar, and i see 707 selling them for $4,000-5,000+ in psa 1 so i figured they were way overpricing there cards like they always do...
    my t-205's

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    30 PSA sets exist. (With at least 95% completion) I'd be curious
    to know how many raw sets exist myself. If I was to guess I'd
    think the number is more than many think.

Good for you.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Bender

Sorry missed your other post, yes, if you have the money you can put together a set.

The cards are out there, they are not rare or even scarce.

Of course I'm not talking about strictly high grade cards.

There, you may have a problem, but if you were content with simply 1 example

of every card (no variations) it could be done.

I know of at least 8 people that have sets.

Good for you.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>30 PSA sets exist. (With at least 95% completion) I'd be curious
    to know how many raw sets exist myself. If I was to guess I'd
    think the number is more than many think. >>

I agree Steve.

If one collected in the 80s - putting a raw set together was much more approachable - financially.

I know of two that post here from time to time that have complete sets - in fact - one of them knows more about the variations and nuances of the set than anyone on the planet!
    Mike
  • Options
    i think for me i plan on doing a low series set in psa 5, that will be financially possible.
    my t-205's