Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Is this an authentic Super Bowl 1 Ticket, or a reprint?

Last summer my dad picked up a Super Bowl book at a garage sale. When he got home, he was flipping through it and he found this ticket. Well after looking up the date I found that it was from Super Bowl 1. After looking it up, and comparing it to some on eBay that were authenticated, my dad and myself believe it to be an authentic ticket. My brother however disagrees, saying "Why would anyone use a Super Bowl ticket for a book mark, let alone a ticket from the first Super Bowl", so he thinks it's a reprint. So I figured I'd post it on here and get the board's opinions. Here are photos of the front and back of the ticket.

Thanks,
Roger

(Edit for spelling)

Comments

• Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    looks legit to me.. I am not hardly an expert on this topic though
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    You have the real deal there my friend!!! Congrats!! The last one in that sort of shape on Ebay sold for around $600. Here is a link for a good site about Super Bowl ticket stubs....

Super Bowl Tickets
  • Options
    That's really cool!!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice item!

Admission to a Super Bowl for $12, wow, that would barely (if even) get you a beer and a hot dog these days at a game.

Even in today's dollars (~$82) that is cheap!!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    RMac ... Tell dad he done good!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭
    probably wasnt being used as a bookmark, so much as it was being 'pressed'

nice find, either way!

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    should get it signed by Bart Starr!

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    Great find! And if I remember hearing right, that game wasn't even a sellout!
  • Options
    I have a friend who bought a collection from Craigslist and found the same thing, an early SB ticket in a media guide. He got it authenticated (lots of fakes/reprints out there I guess) and it sold well.
  • Options

<< <i>Great find! And if I remember hearing right, that game wasn't even a sellout! >>

and was broadcasted by both CBS and NBC !

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    Thanks for the help guys! Now I have to show this thread to my brother and maybe it'll shut him up, haha!

Does anyone know how much PSA charges to authenticate tickets? If it's not too much I may send it in, just to keep it from getting damaged.
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for the help guys! Now I have to show this thread to my brother and maybe it'll shut him up, haha!

Does anyone know how much PSA charges to authenticate tickets? If it's not too much I may send it in, just to keep it from getting damaged. >>

Fee Schedule
  • Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭✭
    Tickets are now $25 each? Wow! Do they ever run ticket specials. I haven't graded any tickets in four or five years, but I thought the price was maybe $15 each or less.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    I had my Super Bowl I stubs graded for $10 each under the collectors club special. They weren't as nice as yours though, so I didn't value them as high.
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for the help guys! Now I have to show this thread to my brother and maybe it'll shut him up, haha!

Does anyone know how much PSA charges to authenticate tickets? If it's not too much I may send it in, just to keep it from getting damaged. >>

i think even $25 is not much to keep that great piece of history safe!!!
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    Agreed
  • Options
    Does PSA decide what the value of the ticket is? I see that it is $25 for tickets under $500 and $50 for tickets over $500. who decides the value?
  • Options
    You do based upon what you think it will grade at and past sales for items in that particular grade....
  • Options

<< <i>Does PSA decide what the value of the ticket is? I see that it is $25 for tickets under $500 and $50 for tickets over $500. who decides the value? >>

Dick Van Patten does

IMF
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Does PSA decide what the value of the ticket is? I see that it is $25 for tickets under $500 and $50 for tickets over $500. who decides the value? >>

Dick Van Patten does

IMF >>

Haha...King Roland