Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Bad looking fake flip

PSA 10 Harris or not

I am not sure if I've seen a worse looking fake flip than this one.
From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
~WalterSobchak

Comments

• Options
    I checked the cert #, it is actually supposed to be a Harris PSA 9.
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Looks like a real flip to me, but it's obvious that he photoshoped (very poorly) the "10" in there.

I like how he even adds subgrades to his title.

Stolen scan to boot. I doubt he has the card.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    Agreed, I should have said altered flip. Nice 10 sub grades across the board too
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options
    1o
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    I'd pay 1K for a real 10 in a nano second
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    LOLOL!!!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    i think the flip is legit; he took a real flip that was in the holder with that card and turned the "9" into a "10"; the fonts of the letters and numbers on the flip are all proper psa fonts HOWEVER look at the "10" and you can see he must've whited out the "9" and wrote "10" with a fine-tip black marker; and to top it all off, the einstein apparently doesnt realize that if a card is graded a psa 10 the flip should say "GEM MINT 10", not "MINT 10" (its MINT 9, not MINT 10!!). so not only is the guy a thief, he's also a moron.

sorry for the longwinded explanation/post and repeating what you guys already said; was authoring my reply whilst everyone was already stating what i said and didnt see the similar posts til after i got done writing mine!
  • Options
    Reported it
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never saw a "MINT 10" I have seen "MINT 9" or "GEM MINT 10". Horrible attempt.
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    reported as well
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    Hmmm, he recently sold a PSA 9 GEM MINT - SUBS (10 9 10 10 10 10).

link
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    Came here to start a thread about this card but you guys beat me to it. What a joke.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    What a dumbarse.

If you're going to try photoshop thievery, at least have the sense to just find a scan of a 10 and pull the "Gem Mint 10" off of that.

At least try a little.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like how it says, "last one i have." What did he have multiple 10s or something?
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options

<< <i>I like how it says, "last one i have." What did he have multiple 10s or something? >>

lol
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options

<< <i>I like how it says, "last one i have." What did he have multiple 10s or something? >>

I'm sure he can make another soon...
  • Options
    It is now listed as a PSA9, with a photo to back that up. So he gets a notice from ebay, then just edits the listing so that is not fraud?!? Wow.
    1955 Topps is done!
    working on 1956 Topps in PSA 6-7
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    Love the description. No folds or tapered corners! Snipe set.

Great condition
    -folds/no
    -rips/no
    -fading/no
    -color correction/no
    -tapered corners/no
    -plastic sleeve/yes
    -original owner/yes
    -authentic/yes
  • Options
    Here is the message he sent me when I called him out:

"was posted earlier under wrong grade and system I had a CSA and PSA graded version CSA one sold sorry this is PSA 9 graded if you have any other questions please contact me to other buyers that saw the mistake thank you for the notice much appreciated have a great day! Have been having issues of card stock including (photos) having partners not post correct items please do not buy from this account thank you."
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He says, CARD IS NOT GRADED. Yet he uses a picture of a graded card...
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    He has sent me 4 messages in the last 30 mins. I just keep calling him a liar and a scammer. I don't believe English is his native tongue by the way he writes. Sounds like a real piece of work.
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    Last week I asked this seller a question:

Dear zizker310,

Hi, your title says CSA 10, but your scan shows a PSA 9. What card are you selling in your listing? Thanks.

They answered back:

Dear cardbender,

Hello, thank you for sending me the message it's CSA sorry for the confusing I put up the old graded picture I had it re-graded, I have two of the same cards for the same price same graded let me know what you know any details or anything I'd be willing to answer thank you! image

- zizker310

they followed up with this dandy:

Dear cardbender,

Also too, I had it re-graded by CSA because for what ever reason PSA was not grading it at the correct rate, thus having a higher score then PSA also CSA are more accurate then PSA thanks again! image

- zizker310

Okay then, keep using CSA as they are more accurate than PSA.
  • Options
    TmbrWolf22TmbrWolf22 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭
    Graded, or not graded....I'm sure he'll have NO problem selling it at such bargain basement prices.....I say go for it. You never know....You may end up with a 65 Namath....HAHAHA
  • Options
    I wrote him yesterday telling him that that card registers as a psa 9 and not a 10 and that he needs to have this auction removed or I will report him. This is what he wrote back -

was posted earlier under wrong grade and system I had a CSA and PSA graded version CSA one sold sorry this is PSA 9 graded if you have any other questions please contact me to other buyers that saw the mistake thank you for the notice much appreciated have a great day! Have been having issues of card stock including (photos) having partners not post incorrect items please do not buy from this account thank you. Sorry for this misleading add hope you do understand I had to get rid of partners now they are taking advantage of my account and are trying to get me flagged.

I love how he throws in the "please do not buy from this account" as well.
  • Options
    Previously he sold a Bubba Smith that was PSA 9 in the title yet the picture indicated it was NM 7.

Same story with Bubba Smith
    Collecting all things Pittsburgh.

Completed my Clemente Basic Registry (2007 - 2014)!

Positive transactions with oakesy25,jasoneggert,swartz1,MBMiller25,gregm13,kid4hof03,HoopGuru33,Reese3333,BPorter26,Davemri
  • Options
    LarryPLarryP Posts: 339 ✭✭
    Guess he thought he would try again tonight

Franco
    Upgrading: Nothing!

Selling: Everything!
    eBay Auctions
  • Options
    I just had this 1973 Franco Harris card graded today. Stunning condition rated a (9) from PSA! Just look at the pictures your self!

He's got jokes too.
  • Options
    LarryPLarryP Posts: 339 ✭✭
    he even gave me a cert when i asked
    "PSA (9) 40353354 FRANCO HARRIS #89 MINT 9 1973"
    Upgrading: Nothing!

Selling: Everything!
    eBay Auctions
  • Options
    Now he has a card that he says got a PSA 9, but shows a different card in a PSA 9 holder. I'm almost certain the scan of the graded card is stolen, like his other scans have been earlier this week.
    Another Harris RC
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options
    Now he has a card that he says got a PSA 9, but shows a different card in a PSA 9 holder. I'm almost certain the scan of the graded card is stolen, like his other scans have been earlier this week

Actually you're correct. Just go to google.com (images) and type franco harris 1973 psa 9. The first picture of that card with the same id number pops up. He just copied the picture and pasted it to his auction.