Home Sports Talk
Options

No Nash for You!!!

cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
So Nash wasn't moved at the deadline. Was this good or bad move by Columbus and the other teams rumored to have been in on it?
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.

Comments

• Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    There was talk the San Jose Sharks were interested in exchange for draft picks. Too bad they didn't land him. The Sharks need to shake things up a little after a 2-6-1 road trip while dropping out of 1st place.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He would have looked GREAT in a Minnesota Wild Jersey. We need offense and with two of our scorers out with concussions, you never know if they will EVER return.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>There was talk the San Jose Sharks were interested in exchange for draft picks. Too bad they didn't land him. The Sharks need to shake things up a little after a 2-6-1 road trip while dropping out of 1st place. >>

i don't know if Nash would have been the answer. Wilson seems to have some great puzzle pieces, but they never seem to fit. he's always trying to improve last year's team in the off season and bandaid this years's by the trade deadline.

i'm a big fan but i'd trade a million "slappy's" and all the other clever and funny commercials for one trip to the Cup. the SAP sucks for the Sharks each year, too. why can't they play tennis in the Cow Palace?
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see him stay right where he is.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>There was talk the San Jose Sharks were interested in exchange for draft picks. Too bad they didn't land him. The Sharks need to shake things up a little after a 2-6-1 road trip while dropping out of 1st place. >>

i don't know if Nash would have been the answer. Wilson seems to have some great puzzle pieces, but they never seem to fit. he's always trying to improve last year's team in the off season and bandaid this years's by the trade deadline.

i'm a big fan but i'd trade a million "slappy's" and all the other clever and funny commercials for one trip to the Cup. the SAP sucks for the Sharks each year, too. why can't they play tennis in the Cow Palace? >>

How can you not love a puppet that likes bean burritos!? Remember that "Dany is a lousy pitcher..." commercial? Someone did a spoof that went "Dany Heatley is a lousy driver..." parody. I know, I know, that's terrible.

At least I give the Sharks management lots of credit for making bold moves in the offseasons to fix problems which is more than you could say for that other Bay Area sports team that plays their home games at China Basin. I hate to say this but the Sharks are to the NHL what the Eagles are to the NFL. I just don't see the cup coming here any time soon despite their yearly playoff appearances.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭
    it would have taken SJ much more than draft picks to land Nash. Couture for starters. From everything that's been reported by the respectable "insider" types, Howson wanted minimum - 1 top end forward, 1 first pairing quality d-man, 1 first rounder, and a 4th player or another high pick. So if the Kings gave up a 1st pair d-man in Johnson and a 1st rounder for Carter, I don't think it would be a stretch to suggest those reports were probably pretty accurate in order for CLB to give up their only franchise player. From what it sounds, it seems like the Rangers were the only team involved until the end....so per the original question, good move for Columbus to stand firm. More teams will have the cap room to take Nash's $7.8M cap hit next season as the cap is reportedly going to rise quite possibly by more than $4m per year. I'd imagine Nash will be dealt at or just before the draft this summer.
  • Options

<< <i>He would have looked GREAT in a Minnesota Wild Jersey. We need offense and with two of our scorers out with concussions, you never know if they will EVER return. >>

Joe, it seems like the Wild always need scoring just my team, the Rangers. Besides the injury problems, was there another reason why they let Gaborik walk? Was it that Sather threw too much money at him for the Wild to match? Just curious to hear a Wild fans perspective on that.

Back to Nash, as a Rangers fan I am glad they didn't make this trade as it would have cost them a lot in future depth and cap space. I really, really like Kreider as I think he is going to be really special. I also can see Columbus not wanting to pull the trigger unless they hit a home run as the GM would be killed if the prospects they picked up never materialized. However, I do believe that they will not get much better offers during the summer, but perhaps more draft picks in the deal, a couple of first rounders perhaps plus younger players. If I were the Columbus GM, I'd have kept my mouth closed and tried to convince Nash to stay. He is young enough to still be good in 3 years when Columbus can develop younger players to compete. I think it was a good that they realized they made a mistake with Carter and got a good deal for him.

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options

<< <i>I'd like to see him stay right where he is. >>

I feel you but he is gone come summer. I think his heart is not in CBJ anymore, hes fed up with managment. He wants out and as a captain, he needs the "C" removed from his sweater. He is not our leader.
    Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's
  • Options
    Larry Brooks reports Rangers GM Glen Sather “stuck to his guns in resisting Columbus’ demands that the package in return would have to include either Ryan McDonagh or Michael Del Zotto plus either Derek Stepan or Carl Hagelin, plus Boston College winger Chris Kreider and Brandon Dubinsky”

linky
  • Options
    Thanks for the link lanemyer85. image

Just like Sather to pick up another enforcer. He can never have enough. image

Collecting:
  • Options
    Scott is the best fighter in the league and will defend any teammate. The problem is rarely anyone will take the challenge so he ends up with a 2 minute roughing call or if it's one of those late game blowout type scenarios where teams start taking liberties (see any Bruins game where they're down by 3+ goals) and the refs will just drop a game misconduct hammer on him to save the facial structure/lives of any rat on the ice. Not that the Rangers weren't a tough team to begin with, but you shouldn't have to worry about Chara or Lucic taking liberties with any Ranger as they'll bail from any confrontation from the Murdersauraus
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    I prefer Steve, Rick is an idiot.