Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Disappointing POPPAGE

I thought I'd share my most recent poppage since I have been waiting so long for the pop. Big letdown. I thought all were 9s or 10s. I am not sure what you have to do to get a 1970 Gem mint 10. Wills is flawless.

1 NEAR MINT 7 1963 TOPPS 228 1963 ROOKIE STARS Card (TONY OLIVA)
2 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1970 TOPPS 595 MAURY WILLS
3 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1970 TOPPS 612 JIM HICKMAN Card
4 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1970 TOPPS 468 JERRY KOOSMAN Card
5 MINT 9 1970 TOPPS 557 ED KRANEPOOL Card
6 MINT 9 1970 TOPPS 635 BOB ALLISON Card
7 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1970 TOPPS 588 CHECKLIST 634-720 #666 IS ADOLPHO PHILLIPS Card
8 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 ST 1974 TOPPS 252 DAVE PARKER Card
9 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1977 TOPPS 476 ROOKIE CATCHERS Card (Murphy)
10 NEAR MINT-MINT+ 8.5 1982 TOPPS 21 ORIOLES FUTURE STARS BONNER/RIPKEN/SCHNEIDER Card
11 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1983 TOPPS 482 TONY GWYNN Card
12 MINT 9 1984 DONRUSS 546 VANCE LAW Card
13 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1985 TOPPS 181 ROGER CLEMENS
Nikklos

Comments

• Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you selling the Tony Oliva?
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Is the Wills for sale?
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are brutal!!! The poor guy is disappointed with his results and all you guys wanna know is what he is selling!! image At least give him time to grieve! image
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey id be perfectly happy with a PSA 7 oliva rookie image
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options

<< <i>You guys are brutal!!! The poor guy is disappointed with his results and all you guys wanna know is what he is selling!! image At least give him time to grieve! image >>

The boards are funny today...
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    NikklosNikklos Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭
    Actually, the Oliva is the only one I thought wouldn't get a 9 or 10. Could be an 8 though. I like the card a lot myself.

I would never sell the Wills in that 8 holder. I am going to post scans once they are returned.

Nikklos
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    You just never know.I would not fret over those grades.When is EX/MT considered a weak grade on 1970 cards.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Compared to my last sub, you did pretty good. PSA has gotten ridiculously tough. You still got almost all 8's and 9's, that's pretty good. No min size, altered or evid of trim!

BTW that Oliva is another card they must have on the bulletin board to pay extra special attention to, I have subbed a couple and they were obliterated.image

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you go over your cards with a 5x glass or loupe? I have found that will help weed out many seemingly mint cards in a hurry.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Bear48Bear48 Posts: 239 ✭✭✭
    Buy a loupe at your local coin shop. You can get them for $5. You'll make this money back after your first submission.
  • Options
    NikklosNikklos Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys for putting it into perspective. You definitely made me feel better about the poppage. I guess we all want that pop 1 Gem Mint 10.

And at least they should have thrown me the bone on the Vance Law!!
    Nikklos
  • Options

<< <i>You guys are brutal!!! The poor guy is disappointed with his results and all you guys wanna know is what he is selling!! image At least give him time to grieve! image >>

16-19 minutes between requests. I'd say they gave him plenty of time.