Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Interesting observation with 4SC

I am wondering how advanced/automated the 4SC operations is.

I'm in the process of filling out my George Brett collection and was bidding on a 84 Tiffany PSA 10.
I also checked out the BIN's available on EBay before continuing to bid. 4SC had one up for $39.99.
Well, the auction went to $51 during the last couple of minutes, but my high bid was $35. Since it went to $51,
I quickly pulled up the 4SC BIN and it had ended. Possibly somebody beat me to it, but it was just there a minute ago.

4SC's prices are very fair, and right on the recent VCP. Is it possible that there system is that tightly integrated with
watching auctions, VCP, that they can automatically end auctions when their BIN is much lower than an auction that
just completed ??

BTW, the last couple of 10's received by 4SC were really shaky. They definitely aren't the level of cards that I would of
submitted in the pursuit of 10's

Comments

• Options
    abcoltsfanabcoltsfan Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
    I think for the most it depends on the specific player and card. I bought a handful of Marvin Harrison and Peyton Mannings for well below average from them. The Customer service is awful. But you didn't ask about that!

Working on the following sets
    1980's and 1990's Topps Baseball BBCE FASC - Cello or Wax Boxes
    1952 Bowman US Presidents PSA 7 & up
    Pro Football Hall of Fame Indianapolis Colts PSA Registry Set
    June 9th Cubs full ticket or stubs - 1981 to 2020
    Andre Dawson Topps Basic registry PSA 10's
    Mark Grace Topps Basic registry PSA 10's

• Options
    LarryPLarryP Posts: 339 ✭✭
    It does look like you were beat out on the 4SC, it was sold ... here is an image of the 2 cards.

I was curious how they looked so I thought I would share with everyone.

Enjoy,
    -Larry
    Upgrading: Nothing!

Selling: Everything!
    eBay Auctions
  • Options
    cadets68cadets68 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    They are running 15% off on their website right now.

Cards may have sold there as opposed to Ebay.

Plus free shipping or at most $3 shipping on the site. I gotta think they move a ton of cards on their own site.

When I have bought from the site the cards come off Ebay immediately.

Shawn

After those four National League games, Gorman Thomas was never the same, and neither were the Brewers, and come to think of it neither was I.

Josh Wilker - Cardboard Gods
  • Options
    Doubt there is such a system in place; you probably got beat by another Brett collector who was also watching and lost out on the auction as the 4SC BIN ended 2 minutes after.
  • Options

<< <i>Doubt there is such a system in place; you probably got beat by another Brett collector who was also watching and lost out on the auction as the 4SC BIN ended 2 minutes after. >>

This. Has happened to me a few times as well
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Doubt there is such a system in place; you probably got beat by another Brett collector who was also watching and lost out on the auction as the 4SC BIN ended 2 minutes after. >>

This. Has happened to me a few times as well >>

Me too.