Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1975 Opinion on crossing Davis over to a 9

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/197/scan02m.jpg/]image[/URL]

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/826/scan01a.jpg/]image[/URL]

The actual card is sharper than the picture, Image shack did not do a very good job for me

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had ZERO success with getting fair grades on the '75s regulars or minis when it comes to anything above an 8. Looks like you have some snow. Good luck if you send it in!

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    I think it will stay an 8 for the following reasons:

Blue bar on top
    Touch of white on top left corner
    Black smudge on top left
    Snow on front in hair
    I collect PSA 10 Cal Ripken, Jr. cards.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    None, I'm sorry to say...centering is within standards for a 9, but the snow and the print line on top coupled with the black mark will keep it in an 8 holder (or maybe a 9PD, but I'd rather have the straight 8).

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    SmokieSmokie Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    I think your right on that Tim although I have seen a Tommy Davis with the blue line in a 9 holder
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think your right on that Tim although I have seen a Tommy Davis with the blue line in a 9 holder

If that were the only issue, I'd say you have a shot, but the snow is what really keeps it in an 8 holder, imo...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    Tim is spot on. Very similar example I subbed a while back:
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions