Home Sports Talk
Options

Joel Zumya/Grady Seizmore

fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
Reports have it that Joel hurt his elbow in his first workout with the Twins yesterday hopefully its not serious.He was a talent.Appears to be going the same route as Mark Wohlers did years ago when he was blowing hitters away then blew his arm out and tried several combacks with little success. .Grady hurt his back and is not expected to start the season.Both guys are class and good for baseball hopefully both can make it back.
Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)

Comments

• Options
    jivanjivan Posts: 1,009
    Joel is out for the year
    always looking for 1969 graded basketball
  • Options
    One of the few modern "investments" I made when I got back into collecting 5-6 years ago was the Sizemore Bowman Draft Picks RC. I thought the guy was headed for the HOF. At one point I had 12 of that card, and half of them were BGS 9.5 copies. I have since sold them all, but I took a huge hit. 20-25% ROI, at best. And it probably would have been worse if I had waited longer.

He just simply can't stay healthy enough to play on a regular basis anymore, and I don't even think he is 30 years old yet. Not a good sign.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

<< <i>One of the few modern "investments" I made when I got back into collecting 5-6 years ago was the Sizemore Bowman Draft Picks RC. I thought the guy was headed for the HOF. At one point I had 12 of that card, and half of them were BGS 9.5 copies. I have since sold them all, but I took a huge hit. 20-25% ROI, at best. And it probably would have been worse if I had waited longer.

He just simply can't stay healthy enough to play on a regular basis anymore, and I don't even think he is 30 years old yet. Not a good sign. >>

At least you did not do the Mike Greenwell thing like I did in 1987.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    zumaya is done unless he has tommy john surgery.
  • Options
    Zumaya is DONE....period.

Too bad. Because like Tony, I liked the guy.
    South of Heaven...North of Canada