Home Testing Forum

LordM BST archive, 2/26/12

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to my BST Forum swaplist. image

Terms of Sale & Shipping: For simplicity's sake, let's just make ALL SHIPMENTS POSTPAID.
For special circumstances (Registered Mail, insurance, overseas, extra large shipments, etc.), a modest contribution is appreciated.

PayPal is fine, but if you use it, PLEASE add your forum name to the payment so I'll know who you are and what you are buying!

Full return privilege if you are not 100% satisfied. My return privilege is very flexible, mostly because I've almost never needed one. The main thing I ask is that you notify me as soon as you can if there is a problem or concern of any kind, and I'll do my best to make it good.

Contact Info: Should I ever disappear from the forums and the computer for a week or so, as I sometimes do, and you need to reach me, feel free to call (912) 261-8408 and ask for Rob. Emailing me in the event of a forum absence won't help much- usually when I'm away, I'm away from the computer entirely.

I love to swap! Got an interesting trade offer? Don't be shy- step right up! As you can see here, I dabble in a little bit of everything.

Bullion Info: I've added a bullion chart from Kitco.com towards the bottom of this thread, should you need it for reference.

Archives: If you need to retrieve info on a coin you bought here, but it's no longer listed, do a search for "BST archive" on the Testing forum.

imageRoman Empire: bronze sestertius of LUCIUS VERUS (161-169 AD), struck 164 AD
LUCIUS VERUS, Augustus 161-169 AD (with Marcus Aurelius). AE sestertius, 164 AD. Obverse- L AVREL VERVS AVG ARMENIACVS, laureate head right. Reverse- TR P IIII IMP II COS II S-C, Victory standing right, placing a shield inscribed VIC/AVG in two lines on palm. RIC-1396, Cohen-249. 33.79 mm, 23 g. Ex-Ancient Imports, 05/2007.
$76, which was my cost after shipping.

imageGreat Britain: 1 farthing, 1946, Red BU with full luster
KM843, Bronze. George VI. Ex-Dimitri Gotzamanis (Athens, Greece). Nice little full Red farthing. The picture has been brightened a tiny bit to reflect the coin's appearance better, but here is the raw, unedited photo. Neither picture shows the luster to its full advantage. This sweet little birdie won't peck your piggybank too badly, either. $6.

imageIreland: Associated Irish Mine Co. "Cronebane Halfpenny" Conder token, 1789, VF+ (borderline XF)
Nice medium brown surfaces and no problems. The images are scans, not photos. The obverse features a bishop in a mitered hat- hey, you gotta love some of the cool designs on these old tokens, right? I'm too lazy to look up the Dalton & Hamer variety (there are a LOT of varieties of this issue), but hey... y'know what? Buy it, and I'll throw in a CD copy of the D&H book I bought here, so you can attribute it yourself. Apparently the person I bought the CD from didn't know it wasn't legal for resale, but I won't be reselling the (bootleg?) CD. I'll be giving it to you as a bonus. (I paid 20 bucks for it.) Who wants a nifty Irish token and a free CD of the classic reference on 18th Century British provincial tokens?
$33.

imagePanama: 1 Balboa, 1947, XF+, in jewelry or keychain bezel
KM13, .900 silver/.7734 oz, 38.1 mm. Struck to the same standards as a US silver dollar. My daughter had a school project on Vasco Núñez de Balboa, so I bought this coin and put it in the bezel for her "show and tell". Now she doesn't need it anymore and she isn't really much of a coin collector, so if you want it with or without the bezel, here 'tis. It's a nice coin. Been cleaned, but looks good. The bezel is a recent addition so if you do not want that, I can remove it and I do not think it has affected the coin in any adverse way.
$33.

imageimage1901 British empire type set WANTLIST
(Link leads to my collection and wantlist thread.) I am building a collection of 1901-dated coins of the British empire with Queen Victoria's portrait for my daughter, Victoria (who was born in 2001, a century later). A decade after starting it, I'm pretty far along, but I still lack a few pieces, and there is always room for upgrading. Let me know if you have any of these. When this set generates duplicates, I will put them for sale or trade here.

imageUSA: Flying Eagle cent, 1857, G+
I'd call this one a G6, personally. The eagle's a tiny bit scuffy but not bad. The coin doesn't have any major problems, really.
$21

imageimageSeated Liberty and Barber dime love token WANTLIST
(Link leads to my collection and wantlist thread.) I am collecting a date set of Seated and Barber dimes with love token reverses. If you have any dates I need, let me know! Additionally, if you have any "scenic" or "pictorial" pieces for sale, I'd like to upgrade some of my more mundane monogrammed pieces to pictorials. When this collection generates duplicates, I will list them for sale or trade below.

imageimageRaw F-VF Walking Liberty half WANTLIST
(Link leads to my collection and wantlist thread.) I'm casually collecting a F-VF Walker half set in a Dansco album. Let me know if you have any I need! I'll happily trade anything off this list or buy from you if you have nice original grey F-VF coins for sale. I prefer to buy the common date pieces at or near melt. When I end up with duplicates I will add them below.

imageimage$1,000 bond from the American Real Estate Company to Orange Reo Kelly, December 1, 1910
(Front) ~ (Back)
This bond belonged to my stepmother's uncle (or great-uncle), Orange Reo Kelly. He may have died in the mid-1970s. That's when my stepmother ended up with a lot of his stuff, at any rate. Not that this information matters much, perhaps. I never met "Uncle Reo" but was given a few "treasures" from his estate over the years. Cool old stuff. When I went off to summer camp as a kid, I dragged along a heavy old metal-bound antique steamer trunk with "O.R.K." painted on it. (Speaking of that old trunk, if I may digress for a moment, I believe this coin had been found inside it after Uncle Reo died. It was my favorite 13th birthday present in 1978, and I still have it- and no, it isn't for sale.) Maybe this bond came from that trunk, too. But anyway, "Uncle Reo" seemed an interesting chap. Hey, how many guys do you know with "Orange" as a first name, right? He must have been a real colorful character. (Get it? Colorful? Ha. I crack me up.) I guess a thousand bucks was a pretty good chunk of change a century ago. Ol' Orange Reo Kelly must've been some kinda highfalutin' fella, eh? Anyhoo... there's this bond. I can upload some truly gigantic pictures (over 2000 pixels per side and 3-4 MB ea.), if the ones above do not prove sufficient.
$19.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.