Home Sports Talk
Options

Bobby Valentine bans Beer in Clubhouse

perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
Good job!

"The rules are not to embarrass themselves or the team, the community, their teammates," Valentine said (via WEEI.com). "I don't think that's a new rule. That's a longstanding rule of life. There's no beer in the clubhouse or on the last leg of road trips."

Valentine said he didn't allow alcohol in the clubhouse when he managed the Mets.

Boston's September collapse was symbolized by starting pitchers drinking beer and eating fried chicken in the clubhouse during games.

Red Sox DH David Ortiz said he supported Valentine's new policy.

"We're not here to drink. We're here to play baseball," David Ortiz said (via the Boston Herald). "It ain't no bar."

Good to see he is setting rules in place, I sincerely hope he can turns these crybabys around and get their ass in gear.

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the new fried chicken policy?

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the new fried chicken policy?

You can only have fried chicken with beer in the clubhouse...image

As for those who failed to support the club on their "off days", like Lester and uber toad Lackless, I say a pox upon you. Incredible to think they couldn't be on the rail supporting the team, but sucking up groceries and sitting on their asses elsewhere. Lester always looks like he's mad at the world anyway. Lackless is just Lackless.

I hope Valentine's actions send a message...that being "be a pro or out you go". A 9-game lead and then 7-20 in the fateful September implosion should never happen again.

Hey Paul...hope all is well up in the salt air. Brisk in Atlanta, 28 this AM.

• Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    The chicken must now be broiled only.
    Capecards
  • Options
    Not a big deal but maybe this is the first baby step in Valentines plan to corral these guys and get them more focused, the biggest thing about Valentine I hope is that he will run a tight ship but bring a fun personality to the table and bring this team together. Its all there for them to make a good run this year.

Al I cant complain about the Winter this year, it has been one of the milder winters on record image

Hope all is well my friend image
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>"There's no beer in the clubhouse or on the last leg of road trips."
    >>

"Sweet, he didn't say anything about wine or liquor!" -the players
  • Options
    If there is a no Fried Chicken Policy, Wade Boggs is certainly glad that he no longer plays for the Sox.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hope they dont make this rule in my mens rec league....
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    when the sox finish in third place and miss the playoffs, this will be a non story...
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    Probstein123...

It's already a non story...what makes you so clever to think the Red Sox will finish in 3rd place and miss the playoffs? Do you have some special crystal ball, or are you just a Red Sox hater?
  • Options
    I'm respectful yankees fan who used to live in massachusetts..went to UMass
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    i think it's a positive move.

• Options
    Probstein 123...

Once you have crossed the Rubicon and gone to the Dark Side and become a Yankee fan, you get cut no slack. Having lived in MA, gone to UMass and and trying to be "respectful", means nada, the Dark Side is the Dark Side.

• Options

<< <i>Probstein 123...

Once you have crossed the Rubicon and gone to the Dark Side and become a Yankee fan, you get cut no slack. Having lived in MA, gone to UMass and and trying to be "respectful", means nada, the Dark Side is the Dark Side. >>

Exactly
  • Options
    72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Probstein 123...

Once you have crossed the Rubicon and gone to the Dark Side and become a Yankee fan, you get cut no slack. Having lived in MA, gone to UMass and and trying to be "respectful", means nada, the Dark Side is the Dark Side. >>

"You don't know the power of the dark side." - Darth Vader
    Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • Options
    Sox may actually play worse. image