Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Question about adding items to my registry

I recently tried to add about a dozen new pickups to my registry. 3 of the cards got kicked back saying that they were already part of someone else's set. 1 of the cards was bought from someone who could be a collector, but the other 2 I bought from 4 sharp corners. They don't seem like the type of dealer to buy and then sell cards that are already slabbed. Any of you Vets out there know why this could be?

Thanks in advance for your help

Comments

• Options
    Yep. Someone took the certs off of ebay/4sharpcorners website and added them into their inventory. This could be a) Accidental. I've bought large groups of cards from them at one time and missed the cert number by one digit and entered the wrong card on a couple of occasions, so I know it is possible... or b) Someone needed the cert numbers to pad their own numbers to get an award or to possibly get a free grading from PSA. If you scan the cards front and back and send those pics to PSA, those cards will be able to be added to your inventory within a few days.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same thing going on right now. Tried to enter the card in my set and could not. I used the email option and hope that works, otherwise I will send in a scan of the card (front and back) to PSA. Hopefully, they will get it fixed if other person does not remove it from his set.

A few weeks ago I sold a card and forgot to remove it from my set......................felt like an idiot.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    Had it happen a few times, PSA was very helpful, sent them scans of card, after not getting response to email request, and they were placed in my sets within days.
  • Options

This happens to me quite often. I understand why PSA says to wait 3 days to send them a scan, but it's sometimes frustrating to wait.
  • Options
    SmokieSmokie Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    I scaned mine and faxed them to them and they add them the same day.
  • Options
    I once sent in the scan and they told me to wait 3 days and it would be available for me to add.

This is from the PSA website:

"What do I do if I receive a message that a new inventory item I am trying to add is listed in another member’s set? It is each member’s responsibility to keep his or her inventory up-to-date. However, in the event that you receive a message that your inventory item has not been added because it is residing in another member’s set, you will be provided the option to send an automatic email to that member requesting that the card be removed. If, after 3 business days, the inventory item has not been removed, please submit a scan of the front and back of the card to setregistry@collectors.com and the item will be removed for you."

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    Good info guys. I don't mind waiting. It seems like PSA is use to this sort of thing. I sent the emails this morning, haven't heard anything yet. I'll send the scans to PSA next week sometime if I don't hear back by then.

Thanks Again!

• Options

<< <i>I have the same thing going on right now. Tried to enter the card in my set and could not. I used the email option and hope that works, otherwise I will send in a scan of the card (front and back) to PSA. Hopefully, they will get it fixed if other person does not remove it from his set.

A few weeks ago I sold a card and forgot to remove it from my set......................felt like an idiot.

Joe >>

1959 Topps baseball registry (master and basic)
    1980 Topps baseball registry (master and basic x 3)
    1975 Topps baseball registry
  • Options

<< <i>I have the same thing going on right now. Tried to enter the card in my set and could not. I used the email option and hope that works, otherwise I will send in a scan of the card (front and back) to PSA. Hopefully, they will get it fixed if other person does not remove it from his set.

Joe >>

A common mistake made by most is to just remove the card from their set when in fact this is incorrect. You HAVE to go to your inventory and from there you click on the cert number of the card/s you wish to remove from all of your sets. Removing the card from your inventory will automatically remove it from your sets whereas removing it from your set is a waste of time because you STILL have to go back and remove from your inventory. This is the ONLY way to free up the card for another member to add to his or her set. My last three trades have all resulted in the same problem though once I explained this they were prompt in removing them from their inventory. I had one card that I got from one guy who got it from another in a trade so I still had to send the front/back scan to PSA for removal. As I update cards in my sets I try to go in and immediately remove the old card from my inventory so I'm not stuck trying to do it later in another transaction because I know how frustrating it is when you can't add a card that you have right there in your own hands!
    1959 Topps baseball registry (master and basic)
    1980 Topps baseball registry (master and basic x 3)
    1975 Topps baseball registry
  • Options
    I only have one set, so when I delete it it's gone from my inventory, at least whatever I am doing is working, when I remember to do it. After that last sentence, I am feeling like an idiot again.

Contacted seller and he had forgotten to delete it. All's well that ends well.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was once guilty of unintenionally leaving a card registered to me, which, when reminded by an email from PSA, I promptly deleted the cert. As stated above, a simple (while aggravating) scan of both the front and backs of the card and faxed to PSA will promptly find the card "freed up" and allow you to place the card(s) into your set.

Oddly (or not), shortly (and I mean like less than 1 hour) after an auction of mine closed, I got a notification that "another collector" was trying to add the card I just sold to his set. Geez, less than 1 hour? Really ?? How about maybe wait till you get the card b4 you try to add it into your stuff.

There are those clowns that for whatever reason think they can capture, boast or otherwise temporarily own (in their own minds) a card that they've either wanted or cherished. I have no clue why such fools would do that. I do wonder at those who show pics of cards and white out the cert #. If you own the card legitimately, it matters not who sees the cert...if you have the card registered in some fashion, it can't go into another "collectors" set. Of course there are those that do steal pics and try to sell same to unsuspecting buyers...caveat...ALWAYS verified the cert b4 buying...ALWAYS check the feeback of the seller...ALWAYS do your homework on high-dollar cards.

If worst comes to worst, Cosetta Robbins will always seem to have the patience and professionalism to help out.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not too good with technology. There may be an easier way but when I figure how to get something done I continue that process and seldom look for shortcuts. Previously I had to delete cards several times and I still got the "Please remove email." Now I go to "my sets", click on the cards in question and choose "move to sold inventory" to release card to others to add to their inventory.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

The easiest way to delete a card is go to "my set registry" and at the top right you enter your cert. # and do a "quick delete".
    It automaticaly goes in the sold inventory.
  • Options
    That's what works for me ludedude!

Joe