Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Count Von Zeppelin - 2 Karl Goetz Medals

Picked up two of these which I find attractive.

1913 - 8th of July, 1913. I could not find the variety in the Kienast cataloging.

1928 - Kienast 408. Commemorating the christening of airship Z-127 on the 90th birthday of its inventor - July 8, 1928

Comments

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    The images and medals are brilliant. Good workimage
  • Options
    Very cool!image

• Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Love them!
    Becky
  • Options
    DentuckDentuck Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭
    Interesting portraiture. . . . both medals seem to have used the same photograph
    as inspiration, despite the 15 years that passed between them. Notable differences
    include the Graf's sartorial accoutrements: a bow tie in the 1913 medal, and a neck
    tie in the 1928.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    well done

Cacheman will be proud of the images as well as the medals

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not my area of interest but the 2nd one is really special with great details... as is your photos.

Keep it up Z

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the words of the 11th Doctor Who - bow ties are cool!

Great medals and photos, Z. I'm glad you keep finding new medals to add to the collection.
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, totally my area of interest since I bought the Dr. Eckener Medal from Zohar. Which itself got me into doing offline research on the Zeppelin Reederie for a writing project I am initiating. I can venture that I would like to get examples of these medals, as well as the gold medals that were struck in 1928 for my project.

Good job Zohar. The adventurous side of me even wants to book a flight on one of the modern helium lifted Zeppelins that flies in N. America now.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW x 2 image

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    Great post, I always enjoy seeing these medals!

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!