Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

SGC Regrades

Well I just got my submission results back. I sent in 4 1965's a few weeks ago that were in SGC holders and asked PSA to crack them open and regrade them. The 2 sgc 92's came back PSA 9 and the 2 SGC 88's came back PSA 8's. I thought the 92's looked awefully good not to be 9's. But more importantly I thought it was interesting that they didn't let the SGC grade influence how they graded the cards.

Wayne
1955 Bowman Football

Comments

• Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    Excellent results.

So how many cards do you need to complete the set?

Al Jackson is in the mail, btw...

Brian
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    Wayne- That is indeed a great story. I am impressed that PSA's judgment is not clouded by the fact that the cards were originally in SGC holders. Koby
  • Options
    I still need 21 cards in psa 8 to complete the set. But if I get close I may go ahead and register the 7's and 9's which I haven't put in the registry yet. That would put me very close.

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    You should register the 7s and 9s anyway!

How many 9s are you sitting on, please let me know if you will be moving any.

You are my hero...imageimage
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    I've got a 345 Floyd Robinson and 378 Chuck Estrada and both show a zero population in PSA 9 so I guess that they are both now 1/1's.

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • Options
    Wayne, You stated in your original post that "PSA cracked open your SGC cards." That surprises some of us, because we are under the impression that PSA will only crack open their on holders. All you did was ask PSA to do this on your PSA submission form? Just curious because I have a couple of SGC cards I'd like to submit and have them do that. I am afraid I might damage the cards myself if I crack them open.

Ed
    email address: alohaet@hotmail.com
  • Options
    I was surprised to read that PSA cracked open your SGC cards as well. 6 months ago I called them and asked if they did this and I was told no. Have they changed their minds? Even if they have, I believe I would rather crack the slabs myself.

jim
  • Options
    I don't know if they changed their minds or not but the instructions I was given by PSA was to write on the form that PSA was not responsible for any damage to the card and that I authorized them to do it. I just figured that since I hadn't cracked any slabs open before they would probably do a much better job of it than I would. Maybe they made an exception for me but it sounded like they have a policy in place which allows you to send in other companies graded cards.

wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    It is great to hear that PSA will crack out cards out of other holders and grade them. It is even more encouraging to know that they were were very fair.