Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Top 10 on the NFL Network

I was watching some of these yesterday and luckily saw the top 10 Packers. Here is the list

1. Don Hutson
2. Brett Favre
3. Bart Starr
4. Reggie White
5. Ray Nitschke
6. Paul Hornung
7. Herb Adderley
8. James Lofton
9. Jerry Kramer
10. Jim Taylor

Boy oh boy oh boy is it tough to make a top 10 of team that is as old as the Packers. No Forrest Gregg or Willie Davis who are both in the HOF. Oh wait the whole list is in the HOF but Jerry Kramer. Willie Wood, Arnie Herber, Clarke Hinkle, Cal Hubbard, John (Blood) McNally, Mike Michalske, Tony Canadeo, Jim Ringo, and Henry Jordan all made the HOF but were snubbed. It is such a crap shoot who to put in the top 10.

Below are my changes to the set

1. Don Hutson
2. Bart Starr
3. Brett Favre
4. Ray Nitschke
5. Herb Adderley
6. Forrest Gregg
7. Reggie White
8. Jerry Kramer
9. Jim Taylor
10. James Lofton

I totally agree that Don Hutson is the Greatest Packer and that Starr is ahead of Favre. When you think of the face of the Packers you think Starr, not Favre. 5 Championships to one and also signing with you biggest rival get the tweener to #2. On the tweener note, Herb Adderley gets ahead of Gregg because he refuses to wear his Cowboys Ring he won in 1971. Too early for Aaron Rodgers. No Driver, No LeRoy Butler, No Ahman Green, no Mark Chmura :-)

I removed Paul Hornung and added Forrest Gregg. Any other thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    How Paul Hornung would rank above Jim Taylor is a mystery. Of course, I am still trying to figure out how a guy can be named to the NFL's All-Time Team for the NFL's 50th anniversary, be selected by the NFL Network as the #9 guy on a team that has one of the most gloried traditions in all of sports, yet still isn't in the Hall of Fame. I guess they are waiting until he dies, so they can "honor" Jerry Kramer in the same way that the baseball Hall "honored" Ron Santo.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭
    Paul Hornung must have made a deal with the devil. The dude deserves neither the Hesiman Trophy that he won nor the Hall of Fame enshrinement that was bestowed upon him. As previously mentioned, Hornung 4 spots ahead of Taylor??? Give me a freakin' break. I really enjoy the NFL Network's top 10 lists, but some of them do leave you scratching your head.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Paul Hornung must have made a deal with the devil. The dude deserves neither the Hesiman Trophy that he won nor the Hall of Fame enshrinement that was bestowed upon him. As previously mentioned, Hornung 4 spots ahead of Taylor??? Give me a freakin' break. I really enjoy the NFL Network's top 10 lists, but some of them do leave you scratching your head. >>

Completely agree. Those lists are ridiculous though. Their Top 10 players not to play in the Super Bowl is just plain crap.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    Top 10 Divas in the NFL had Favre as #1, I thought that was pretty spot on. image

I dig your list Favre fan, Hutson, Starr, Favre. Lofton is lucky to even be on the list of such a storied franchise.
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)