Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

Can anyone help me identify these.

Found these in my grandfathers old shop building today in a suitcase. Im a card collector so i don't know much about coins and paper money. He was in WWII so im assuming some of these are Japanese Yen. My scans are pretty pathetic but its the best i could do. Any help would be appreciated.

1964 Topps Football

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, all of the Asian coins there appear to be Japanese, and of types that circulated during WW2.

As I'm sure you know, the top row is US silver dollars and the George V coins are British. The George VI coin is silver and could be Canadian or British- I can't really tell without seeing the other side. But that should be easy enough for you to deduce.

Post the Japanese pieces in the regular World & Ancient Coins Forum if you haven't already. Try posting slightly bigger scans of just those pieces, with both sides so somebody can date them.

The currency (paper notes) all appear to be Japanese with the exception of the top (red) one, which is Greek.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes Lord is right, please post the reverse sides!