Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Buying and selling Numismatics in Panama City, Panama.

Hey Guys,

I heard that there was a very good place to buy and sell your numismatic coins in Panama City, Panama. They are called GoldBullion Panama. Have any of you done business with them before? I was definitely pleased. They sold me a Panamanian coin that only had a mintage of 7,000 for -20% market value. I invite you to visit their Bullion website which is GoldBullionPanama.com. Please let me know your guys' experience with them!

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI the World BST is here.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info and welcome to the boards......!

What was the coin you bought?
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    This is the coin I bought. It's worth upwards of $3,000 and they sold it to me for $2,500. I also bought some gold and silver bullion there. Its super hard to buy physical gold and silver bullion down here and they have Krugerrands, Maples, and American Eagles in silver and gold. I bought a BU 1968 Gold Krugerrand at spot +5%, which is valued at spot +15-20%. I love this place...
  • Options
  • Options
    savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭
    hmm, your handle is Panagold......that would be a good handle for someone who, ah, someone who owned/maintained a website called goldbullionpanama.com

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options
    hahaha, I guess it would be....but no. I wish I WAS the owner though!!!
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My apologies then.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    I am glad you found a dealer to enjoy the coin hobby in your area....image

• Options
    savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭
    my apologies as well if i jumped to conclusions

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options
    I have several dozen of those coins. They are truly something beautiful.

Don't worry about it Savoyspecial.....
  • Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome panagold! You will have to share some of your Panama pieces in future forum threads. Lets see some goodies.....
  • Options
    I am sure I will, whenever I get some time I will take a picture of what I have...
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    I get his emails, but the quantities are too high for me. Right now I am enjoying the $1 Balboa coins, and I even got a half in change the other day.image
    Becky
  • Options
    The quantities and varieties really are astounding, I think he's been investing in precious metals for over 15 years and has developed quite a stack, hahahaha. The one thing that I really remember when I left what when he said that he wouldn't recommend anything to his buyers that he wouldn't do himself. If is very refreshing to hear that here in Panama City from a gold and silver bullion dealer, sometimes it feels like everybody is trying to get the most money out of you over here, even the taxi drivers.....

I am yet to find a silver coin in my pocket...That would be quite a surprise.... DorkGirl, Do you live here in Panama as well?

See ya!
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Yep. I live in the mountains, Boquete.
    Becky
  • Options
    Very cool! Let me know if your ever in town so we can meet and buy/sell/trade/etc....
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a BU 1968 Gold Krugerrand at spot +5%, which is valued at spot +15-20%.

Spot + 5% sounds like a typical retail price. Where does the "+15-20%" number come from?
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panagold, can you turn on your PM (private mail) function?
    Thanks.

And do show us some of your pieces aquired!
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    I checked it out this morning, It was an MS 63, here is an MS 66 just for reference....

http://www.apmex.com/Product/67336/default.aspx?utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_source=googlebase&utm_origin={adtype}&cvsfa=3405&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=3637333336

7jaguars, I just turned on my PM....

Cheers!
  • Options

<< <i>I have several dozen of those coins. They are truly something beautiful.

Don't worry about it Savoyspecial..... >>

Just curious what condition are the several dozen 1934 crownsare that you own? I am asking because I have one in 66 and 2 in 65 and they were not easy to find in that grade here in the US.

• Options
    These are actually Panamanian Balboa's, and yes, they are hard to find....I have some in BU, AU, etc...Beautiful coins....