Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

High-Grade Canadian Business Strikes 1858-1967

Well, with the help of justanothercoinaddict, 7jaguars, and some other collectors and dealers in Canadian material, I have gotten increasingly interested in the Canadian coins, particularly the "classic coinage" from the 1858-1967 period, mostly the circulation strikes. I have started several Registry Sets and just recently (gulp!) started the Complete Collection of 1858-1967 Canada. I particuarly like the half dollar and silver dollar series, as well as the nifty large cents.

Of course it is a set I will never complete, since I am offering the pieces for sale as I acquire them. Most of the modern NCLT stuff hold little interest for me, nor does the PL/SP stuff for the most part. But the business/circulation strikes offer a lot of interesting varieties, designs of several historic monarchs, and seem quite underrated compared to U.S. coins. I managed to acquire and sell already TWO 1913-C sovereigns, coins with a tiny mintage of 3,767 pieces, although a couple of coins in the Canadian series -- the 1916-C sovereign, the 1921 half dollar -- will probably forever be out of reach. At any rate, while I am still collecting/dealing in U.S. coins, this is a new sidelight that promises many rewards. Just sharing a new interest here.

Happy collecting!

Best Regards,

George
VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.