Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Medal given to me by Syl

Interesting. I like the original? ribbon. Silver.

DPOTD-3
'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

Comments

• Options
    sylsyl Posts: 907 ✭✭✭
    Yes, the ribbon is original ... that's the way that they came. It's the 300 year anniversary of the discovery of Lake Champlain (for all you non-New Yorker or Vermonters). And yes, it's silver. I drop off trinkets to Don for using his mail address for places that don't (or postage is atrocious) send things to Canada. I pick up the mail there when I go for my VA appointments in Buffalo ... and no, there was no mushroom on his car. B
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No mushrooom Bill.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

My favorite things to collect always seem to have something to do with where I live, what I do for a living or my dog. That is a really cool local-interest item!

(and Syl--member since 2001 and 123 posts -- that's amazing too--I would never remember my log in code image)

• Options
    sylsyl Posts: 907 ✭✭✭
    I specialize in Canadian Victoria Large Cents and there's not much on this site about them. But I have always collected pre-1900 foreign stuff, preferably 18th century German States, and I will join in on some oddities of any dark-side stuff when I see them. I just like to kibitz on the threads that are interesting .. more of a lurker.
  • Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning Bill,
    that is a nice medal...
    did you have a look at my small cent on the dark side forum?
    H
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ribbon looks original to me. Nice medal, Don!
  • Options
    AndresAndres Posts: 977 ✭✭✭
    Seems Chaimplain also discovered a plesiosaurus in the lake , its in the background
    following the canoe pictured on the medal.

collector of Greek banknotes - most beautifull world banknotes - Greek & Roman ancient coins.