Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Counter stamp help

I came across this the other day and can't seem to find any information via the Bruck book or google image I did find the Host 1853 perpetual calender issued by HW Sabin but nothing on the C.J. Mason. Can anyone help with identification and/or value? I've never run across one of these before. Thanks in advance for any input.
Ken

If you can't swim you better stay in the boat.......

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,213 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool calendar medal.

I'm clueless, here. Is the counterstamp really retrograde or backwards like that? It's hard to figure out the first photo.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    jfoot13jfoot13 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭
    It's backwards but when you use it reads right lol it's not counterstamped, it's the actual stamp ( I think )
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    does this help?

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    image I was looking for the kids play dough to make an impression to image image I'm an idiot

thanks
  • Options
    jonathanbjonathanb Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not listed in Brunk
  • Options

<< <i>It's backwards but when you use it reads right lol it's not counterstamped, it's the actual stamp ( I think ) >>

Aha. I see what you mean now. I can read backwards but couldn't figure out why a counterstamp would be like that. If that's the actual stamp itself and the letters are raised, then I guess it makes sense.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭
    neat item....i believe you are correct, what you have is the punch itself

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options

<< <i>Not listed in Brunk >>

I found a J.C. mason listed but no C. J. Mason
  • Options
    bump for the morning crowd... even if you could point me in the direction of someone who has some expertise it would be appreciated.
    thanks
    Ken
  • Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    old thread, but, any idea where to get a copy of Bruck, reasonably priced?
    Frank

BHNC #203

• Options

<< <i>old thread, but, any idea where to get a copy of Bruck, reasonably priced? >>

First, get the name spelled correctly: Brunk. That will help with searches. image

You could try Rich Hartzog, I guess, but by all means, shop around some more. That just happens to be the first hit I got.

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks, sorry for the typo.

yeah, I did know how to spell it.
    Frank

BHNC #203

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file