Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Requesting added card?

I am loving this registry thing. It really allows you to stay focused and not get cards at random! Having said that, I had a question regarding asking to have a card added to your registry. I requested a card last week and didn't realize that there have only 2 cards graded period. I was curious if there is a minimum amount of cards that have to be graded in order for the card to be accepted for the registry? If you need to know the card is 2001 Topps Heritage CR4 Peyton Manning. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Working on the following sets
1980's and 1990's Topps Baseball BBCE FASC - Cello or Wax Boxes
1952 Bowman US Presidents PSA 7 & up
Pro Football Hall of Fame Indianapolis Colts PSA Registry Set
June 9th Cubs full ticket or stubs - 1981 to 2020
Andre Dawson Topps Basic registry PSA 10's
Mark Grace Topps Basic registry PSA 10's

Comments

• Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    For a mainstream issue like that, no. For certain very oddball and potentially quite rare issues, they may become optional cards in the registry (not counted toward the necessary total for set completion) until 5 are graded.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    it probably taking them awhile to get to your request. from experience it takes at least a month to add cards to sets. normally it seems for larger sets they batch requests together. at least that how it seems to work with the Favre Master set.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    abcoltsfanabcoltsfan Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. Great information! I appreciate it.

• Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>For a mainstream issue like that, no. For certain very oddball and potentially quite rare issues, they may become optional cards in the registry (not counted toward the necessary total for set completion) until 5 are graded.

Nick >>

I don't believe that's true. The # of graded doesn't matter, however if only five were made, then you'd have a problem. The lowest #'d card I got added to a registry was one #'d to 10.
  • Options

<< <i>I don't believe that's true. The # of graded doesn't matter, however if only five were made, then you'd have a problem. The lowest #'d card I got added to a registry was one #'d to 10. >>

That makes sense because I have a dozen or so graded cards in my sets that are the only 1 graded.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>For a mainstream issue like that, no. For certain very oddball and potentially quite rare issues, they may become optional cards in the registry (not counted toward the necessary total for set completion) until 5 are graded.

Nick >>

I don't believe that's true. The # of graded doesn't matter, however if only five were made, then you'd have a problem. The lowest #'d card I got added to a registry was one #'d to 10. >>

i have 1 of 5's in my set. i thought that if it was less than 5 they wouldnt add them.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options

<< <i>i have 1 of 5's in my set. i thought that if it was less than 5 they wouldnt add them. >>

Do you mean "5 graded" or "5 ever produced"?
  • Options
    by 5 I meant 5 produced. serial numbered to 5.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    abcoltsfanabcoltsfan Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
    I have not found a print count for my card but it looks like there is a fair amount out there and just has not been graded. Do you think that will increase the chances of getting the card added or is it strictly all about how many cards have been graded? Thanks.

• Options
    if a card is PSA graded, and fits the criteria for the set, i dont see why it would not be added.
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    Hank36Hank36 Posts: 175 ✭✭
    A couple of months ago, I requested that a couple of items (an OPC sticker and a Topps Team Leader card) be added to the Darryl Sittler Master Set. Is it normal to wait this long for them to be added? Should I resubmit the request?
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You won't be able to resubmit, I tried it once. Message comes back "already requested". It has been taking up to 3 months to get cards added and they are "swamped" with requests. Be patient.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    Joe is correct.

the other day i had some Gary Carters added that i requested at the end of December, beginning of January
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle