Home Metal Detecting

a good underwater and on land detector

i was thinking of purchasing a metal detector i was wanting one that i could use in the water as im a scuba diver but will be doing most of my detecting on land any suggestions of a make and modle would help thanks

Comments

• go with the minelab ...... you will LOVE it
  • I have to agree. The Excaliber would be a good choice. I use the Sovereign which is the same machine but is for land use only.
    I love the tones and not having to depend on a meter. My other machines are beep and dig machines as well.
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
    On land as in beach land, or parks, etc?

The excal is great on beaches, but not sure I've seen too many people strolling in [Insert name here] Park with one of those bad boys.

• << <i>On land as in beach land, or parks, etc? >>

I use the Sovereign on the beach and in the water as well as dry land, but you cant get the control box wet. The Excal is just a water proof Sov so it will perform the same on dry land but has the advantage of being used in diving.
    imageimage
  • Thanks your comments have been helpful. I'm looking for something versatile that I can take any where from the surf to the shallows to old farmhouses and anywhere in between. I liked the info on the excaliber but that's quite a bit out of my price range. I was looking at the treasure cove TC-7010 that's a little on the low side but I'm thinking this way if I upgrade I'll have one for the water and my next one will be for land or shallow steams. Maybe I'll save up for the garrett AT pro but that's at about the max price I can afford for one and not have my wife kill me
  • ok i just read somewhere that the garrett AT pro is submersible in up to 10 feet of water does anyone know if this is true? because if thats the case then im defiantly going with this one. As much as id like to have a detector that i could scuba with i really dont go diving that often and my money would be better spent on one thats more all terrain. i still want to be able to search the shallows and waist or chest deep water with out the fear of dropping my detector under the water and ruining it. its defiantly at the top end of my price limit but from what ive been reading it seems like a good quality machine thats worth the pricce
  • Yes Garret claims it is good at ten feet. Lots of good reviews on other forums. Check out Youtube. There are some videos by users there.
    imageimage
  • I just watched a tutorial for it makes me want one even more now if anyone owns one and can comment on how water proof the unit is that would be great I know of one spot with chest deep water I've been dying to hunt. Just my luck the first time out I'd slip on some
    algae and dunk the entire unite under the water I'm really a klutz
  • Again, check out Youtube. There are underwater videos showing it being used.
    imageimage