Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Does anyone know an expert in card cutting?

I have a handful of uncut sheets and box bottoms that I'd like to get professionally cut to size for subsequent submission. Does anyone on here do such work or know of someone who does? Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    ArchaninatorArchaninator Posts: 823 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    I beg to differ - 1967 Pro's PIzza, 1960s/1970s Bazooka panels, 1969 Glendale stamps sheets, 1971 Dell Stamps panels, 1972 Wonderful Worlds Stamps sheets, 1978 Slim Jim discs, 1980s Topps box bottoms are all examples of cut cards/stamps that PSA grades regularly and that I have in raw condition right now to be cut by someone, hopefully just a touch better than I can do myself.
  • Options
    Hank36Hank36 Posts: 175 ✭✭
    I've been wondering if there is a best way to seperate one of those perforated "Sports Illustrated For Kids" cards myself.
  • Options
  • Options
    MrVintageMrVintage Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
    He says he has box panels which would be fine
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    If the cards were only issued in sheet form, hand-cut cards can get numerical grades. In addition to the ones mentioned earlier, 1969 and 1970 MLBPA Photostamps are 2 other sets that were only issued in sheets but which are frequently graded as single cards.

The various All-Star Game Program insert cards qualify too.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    bear collector- I have a friend here in Dallas that has a company that cut the cards for Donruss. He has a machine that cuts 1000 sheets at a time and the cut is perfect from the first to last page. If you are interested I can call him and ask him to call you. PM please
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options

<< <i>I beg to differ - 1967 Pro's PIzza, 1960s/1970s Bazooka panels, 1969 Glendale stamps sheets, 1971 Dell Stamps panels, 1972 Wonderful Worlds Stamps sheets, 1978 Slim Jim discs, 1980s Topps box bottoms are all examples of cut cards/stamps that PSA grades regularly and that I have in raw condition right now to be cut by someone, hopefully just a touch better than I can do myself. >>

PSA won't grade any more un-preforated glendales.
    Any team on any given Sunday, can beat any other team...unless they were playing the Miami Dolphins in 1972.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try and PM nam812, I remember awhile back he cut some Hostess cards out from a box and they graded out at 10
  • Options
    PFBPFB Posts: 271 ✭✭
    Try Martin Sports in Canada - http://stores.ebay.ca/MARTIN-SPORTS-CARDS
    PFB
  • Options
    Thanks for the constructive replies gentlemen. Your help is much appreciated.
  • Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    Let us know how you make out, I have 100's of 1975 Hostess Boxes and cant seem to do better than a 9 myself.
  • Options
    If done properly, it is impossible to tell the difference between card sheets cut at the factory and ones cut outside the factory. The trick is doing it properly. I'm no help there. CDNuts has it nailed down, however he ain't sharing.
    Scoreboard Malfunction
  • Options
    I've had good success using a papercutter at school for my box bottoms.

I've also had Gary Gagen in Canada cut some for me. gagen@rogers.com

Good luck !
    PM

• Options
    jivanjivan Posts: 1,009
    you can probably go to any big printing company and they will cut them for you
    always looking for 1969 graded basketball