Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Working on my Darryl Sittler set--feedback, please!

I have vouchers to submit a '79 OPC and a '76 Topps. The OPC is off-center, but a thousand times better than the three other supposedly "NM" '79 OPC's that I've bought in the last couple of months; as for the '76, I like everything but the corners--but I especially like the colors. The 1980 has me torn--it's such a butt-ugly card that it's hard to judge the actual condition. Finally, the '83 OPC--the edges are rough, but I'm hard pressed to find anything else wrong with it--what am I mssing?

Comments

• Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    All the cards look in pretty bad shape for grading purposes. My suggestion would be to buy the cards already graded. On some of those in PSA 9 it could be less than the cost to grade.
  • Options
    I concur with kb. I don't see anything in there that would be worth the cost of grading. For the most part, Sittler cards are relatively inexpensive already graded. Let someone else do the submitting work for you and then you reap the benefits.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    For: Hank36

There was an article in our paper today about this art display at a nearby exhibit, thought you might enjoy.

Sittler 10 points
  • Options
    i dont follow the Sittler PSA market, but are those that the OP listed readily available on eBay?
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    Hank36Hank36 Posts: 175 ✭✭
    Well, it's frustrating because I'm not seeing any graded 79 OPC Sittlers for sale online, and I'm not really seeing many 79 OPC Sittlers period, making me wonder if it's a rare card, especially when I see an off-center card like this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/DARRYL-SITTLER-OPC-HOCKEY-CARD-1979-TORONTO-MAPLE-LEAFS-MINT-/250991983301?pt=US_Hockey_Trading_Cards&hash=item3a7049bac5 with a starting bid of $199. I'm not looking for PSA 10's, just a relatively nice card, but when I order a supposedly "NM-M" card online, here are the cards that get mailed to me:
  • Options
    Hank36Hank36 Posts: 175 ✭✭
    Here's another "NM-M" '79 OPC. Possible the best one I have, except for the fact that it appears to have been cut with kindergarden safety scissors: