Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

bancroft tiddlers

hi all can someone give me a vcp on the clay,palmers cards in this set.. i have just bought all the books in this set and will be sending these 2 into psa......just need to figure out which is the best way to take them outta the booklet,

Comments

• Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    VCP has nothing on the Palmer or the Clay, for some reason. I know at least one Clay sold on eBay over the past year. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options
    thats ok thanks big80s, was looking for a guide what these has bein going for lately as been looking to get my hands on these cards for a while now
  • Options
    I'm not exactly sure. I own a copy of the Palmer and the Clay, and I've got one of my Palmer's listed on ebay right now. I'm not exactly sure what the market value is on these, yet - because there haven't been many sold (that I'm aware of).
    Jeff
  • Options
    did u hand cut out these cards yourself and if so can u give me any good tips on how to go about this thanks
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    I saw this thread title and thought someone was drunk and posted random crap.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    I am interested to know how to separate them from the booklet myself. Has anyone done this successfully?
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    think i will try on one of the booklets in the set not the clay palmers one just yet lol, thinking of takeing the staple out from the middle of the book and see how that works
  • Options
    BTW - since there's nothing reported yet on VCP for these cards. I figured I'd let you know I sold one of my Arnold Palmer PSA 6's yesterday for $530 through a private sale. I think this card could still go for as much as $700 in PSA 6.
    Jeff
  • Options

<< <i>BTW - since there's nothing reported yet on VCP for these cards. I figured I'd let you know I sold one of my Arnold Palmer PSA 6's yesterday for $530 through a private sale. I think this card could still go for as much as $700 in PSA 6. >>

congrats,,the bookets that i bought had bein in an attic space in a house in the uk so i took a gamble on them before i seen them, got them in the post friday.....cards are in amazing condition its like some them not even opened to read, well done on your palmer sale
  • Options
    Thank you. It's not great for me, because I had quite a bit invested in the card - but it's great news for the set.
    Jeff
  • Options
    has any one hand cut these out yet......wanted to know do they have be a certain size for psa to grade, i mean when i cut them out from the booklet i cut down one side but whould psa take grades away from some cards if i cut down other side slightly
  • Options
    I'm not near mine at the moment, but I can tell you - all of the cards I've seen graded are the same size. So I'm assuming they need to be a specific dimension in order to get slabbed. I'll try to remember to measure them for you later. That said - I've never actually cut any out myself, so I don't know the process itself.
    Jeff
  • Options

<< <i>I saw this thread title and thought someone was drunk and posted random crap. >>

I'm sorry this is hilarious....TY!

carry on..
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    thanks jeff, that would be great of you to take the time out to do this for me
  • Options

@simon2010 said:
    hi all can someone give me a vcp on the clay,palmers cards in this set.. i have just bought all the books in this set and will be sending these 2 into psa......just need to figure out which is the best way to take them outta the booklet,

I know this was a long time ago, but did you ever figure out the measurements to hand cut these cards?