Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Maybe we can help each other out...

Here is a link to my BST thread that lists all of the coins I have available for sale or trade.

Here is a link to my Top POP list of PCGS #1 graded coins.

Here are links to my active sets:

Mount Rushmore Modern Commemoratives, Circulation Strikes and Proof (1991)
Columbus Modern Commemoratives, Circulation Strikes and Proof (1992)
Susan B. Anthony Dollars with Major Varieties, Circulation Strikes and Proof (1979-1981, 1999)
1955 Mint Set
1979 Mint Set with Major Varieties
1980 Mint Set
1981 Mint Set
1989 Mint Set
1991 Mint Set
1999 Mint Set

1953 Proof Set
1955 Proof Set
1979 Proof Set with Major Varieties

And finally, here is a list of other coins that I am looking for to help a buddy of mine.

PCGS Kennedy Half
1979-S PR69DC Type 2

PCGS SBA Dollar
1979-P MS66 or MS67 Wide Rim
1979-S MS67
1980-P MS67

PCGS SBA Dollar Proof
1980-S PR70DC *** Got it ***
1981-S PR69DC Type 2

PCGS Modern Commemorative Dollar Proof
1992-P PR69DC Columbus

If you have any coins that would improve one of these sets and would be willing to sell, or trade for any of the coins in my links, please PM me with your offering.

Well, get at it. We just might be able to help each other out. image

Thanks in advance,

Cheers !

Comments

• Options
    NumisMeNumisMe Posts: 841 ✭✭

<< <i>Some pretty spectacular coins there! >>

Thanks, I spent a lot of time and money putting them together and had a great time doing it.

I especially remember all the friendly competition, ribbing, taunting, and all the help I got here, from members like you, Zak, Nick, Craig, Michael, and so many others, here in this forum.

I hate that I have to let a bunch of these go, but life has not been good to me and my family the last few years, so the hobby will suffer, too.

Cheers !

• Options
    Those are some nice sets.
    I've got a few PR70RD DCAM Lincolns that didn't sell. I'm just looking to cover costs, I'll find the dates later in the week.
    My #2 Lincoln Memorial set has some decent MS68RD's in it too and a few MS69RD's.
    David
  • Options
    Hey David,

What are your sets listed as? Can you give us a link?

Cheers !
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are doing the right thing. Narrow the focus and build stronger but fewer sets with realistic goals.

Best of luck

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options

<< <i>You are doing the right thing. Narrow the focus and build stronger but fewer sets with realistic goals. >>

Thanks WS, but where were you about 10 years ago when I started this? I could have really used that advice back then. image
  • Options
    #2 Lincoln Memorial set

The PR70RD DCAMs are all in inventory. Some were listed a few weeks ago on ebay, seller jkcoins, and some were relisted a couple days ago. I'll find the currently available list later in the week.

David
  • Options
    Some nice coins. I had the same issue as you: spread out too thin with no specific goals for individual sets. ABout a year ago, I decided to focus on the Sacagawea/Native Dollar and have sold off almost all of my other sets and used the proceeds to build a pretty incredible Sac Registry Set.

The new focus has been real exciting and was definately the right decision.

Brandywine Sacagawea Registry Set

If you have any Sacs that were part of sets you pulled and would upgrade my set - I would definately be interested in helping you out.

JK
    BRANDYWINE KRAUSE COIN OF THE YEAR REGISTRY SET

My ebay items
  • Options

<< <i>If you have any Sacs that were part of sets you pulled and would upgrade my set - I would definately be interested in helping you out. >>

Are you kidding me...I don't have anything that can help that set. I can match a few of them, but that is one awsome set of SACs image

At one time way back I had one of the top sets in the original SAC collection, but totally lost interest when they decided continue adding all the new versions to the original collection. Not to mention all the hubub over the Satin Finish and Business Strike stuff after several years of accepting either one. I just didn't have the funds to go back and try to fill those wholes.

Anyway, you have a great set there. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers !
  • Options

<< <i> totally lost interest when they decided continue adding all the new versions to the original collection. Not to mention all the hubub over the Satin Finish and Business Strike stuff after several years of accepting either one. I just didn't have the funds to go back and try to fill those wholes.

Anyway, you have a great set there. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers ! >>

I have the same opinion with the sacs and more so with the Presidentials. Just keeping up with the yearly issues really detracts from buying other coins, unfortunately I need them for my complete dollar sets. At least the mint dropped the satin finishes, and will only issue the other presidents for collectors (I assume mint sets only) in the future. That probably means the higher grades will be plentiful and relatively inexpensive. That will help a bit.
  • Options