Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anyone know anything about Thomas Becker???

He use to be an employee of "Bowers and Merena" Then I think he partnered up with Joe (???Kuenerht???) spelling probably wrong. I just wondered were he was at and what he is doing? I remember he was a very reputable dealer, and he might be a consumer advocate in rare coins.

Comments

• Options
    georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭
    There was a guy running coin auctions in early80's under name Becker & Keunhardt or similar... maybe was him?
  • Options
    liefgoldliefgold Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a lot of coins from Tom Becker back in the 90's. Great guy. Not sure where he is now.
    liefgold
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom does most of his business via the C.C.E., and specializes in Canadian these days. Located in Laconia, New Hampshire.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was Becker and Kuehnert and I bought many coins from them. First class company with quality coins at reasonable prices.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Confusing the issue is that there are two Tom Beckers. One wrote "The Coin Makers" in the 1960s, not the same guy that worked at B&M.
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It was Becker and Kuehnert and I bought many coins from them. First class company with quality coins at reasonable prices. >>

Great bunch of guys to deal with via mail order in the 1980/90's... Also really enjoyed Tom Becker's writings.
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    gypsyleagypsylea Posts: 193 ✭✭
    Thought I would bring this thread to the top as it caused me to remember that the late Mr Becker was a very entertaining writer. Some of his stuff was collected in a book called "Confessions of a Coin Dealer" which I got a free copy of and haven't been able to find in years, but it was a fun read. Kind of like QDB but with more of an eye for humor.
    Collector since adolescent days in the early 1960's. Mostly inactive now, but I enjoy coin periodicals and books and coin shows as health permits.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file