Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Open letter to PSA President Joe Orlando...RE: 1975 Topps Mini

HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hi Mr. Orlando. We have not met, but I am writing to you today to ask a favor. Not just for myself, but for all of the forum members who collect the 1975 Topps Mini set. Over the last several years, there was a thread on this topic that had tremendous responses and a LOT of good information. Sometime last year, a forum member decided to post inappropriate material causing the moderators at PSA to remove it from the Registry forum which is completely understandable. On August 10th, 2011, forum member "MiniMaster" posted this statement in the.....Where is the 1975 Mini Thread?

"I have communicated with Joe O. and their plan is to remove the questionable remarks and reinstate the thread at a later date. They hope to have this completed in a reasonable time frame"

I understand you are very busy...but if you could look into this, make the necessary deletions and reinstate the thread, it would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Hallco and the 75 Mini Collectors

Comments

• Options
    kerryvillekerryville Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    Bump to keep this fresh and new. I agree with you bring it back.
    Looking for:
    1992 Collectors Edge Football case?
  • Options
    hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    agree completely with the decision to pull the thread, but there was a ton of useful info on the set....every time i read it i thought about making it one of the next sets i want to start

thanks
    hank
    currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    It is on the list and will eventually get back here but it will take some time to go through this so please be patient.
    I'll make sure that when it does get back on the forum I will let you know.

Carol
  • Options
    Thanks Carol. We 75 Topps Mini Collectors, and those that simply enjoyed the thread, greatly appreciate your reply. We look forward to the return of one of the most popular threads on the PSA Set Registry Forum image Just knowing this thread will return is really good news! I believe we have been very patient. If you could be so kind as to give us a general time frame as to when this thread will be reinstated, ie, weeks, a month, 2 months that would be great!

T. Allan
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

August 10th? Heck, that's not even half a year yet. Patience, folks.

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The After August 2012 image
  • Options
    kerryvillekerryville Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    Bring it back!
    Looking for:
    1992 Collectors Edge Football case?
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hallco...

If you feel that strongly, why not call Joe directly? I've chatted with him a time or two over issues and have always found him to be a good listener and concerned about the topic I presented.

If he's busy, he'll call you back...or ask Annabelle for an appointment time to call him back.

Joe's # is 949-567-1170.

GL, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
  • Options
    It has now been nearly two years since we were told the original 1975 Topps Mini thread would be (edited) returned to this forum per Carol. While it is understandable that this process might have taken some time to complete. The fact that the thread has yet to be reinstated nearly two years from Carol's statement on this thread is very disappointing! Having had zero updates on the progress of this process is equally troubling. This process was not requested by one individual, it was requested by many individuals. You don't tell people your going to do something and then not follow through with the process! This has gone on long enough! Either get the original thread reinstated or just tell everyone the thread is gone and won't be back. Poster's and follower's of this thread deserve better than what the PSA Set Registry powers have provided!
  • Options
    Hi MiniMaster:

Carol has not worked for PSA since around May 2012. I apologize if you were waiting on her response.

I am not quite sure which thread you were referring to, but I can look into it if you send me the details to webmaster@collectors.com.

Regards,
    Sports Mod

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com

• Options
    Well for starters it was probably the 3rd or 4th most popular thread on this forum. With over 3,500 posts it should be pretty easy to locate. Just look up all threads related to 1975 Topps Mini's and it should stick out like a sore thumb image