Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Live 1974BB,76BB and 81FB Topps wax pack rip 1135PMPST Welcoming February rip!

I'm in the process of moving and found a few 1976 Topps and 1974 Topps wax packs from previous group rips. I have three 74's and 2 76's. After further inspection, one of the 74 packs has a torn corner. lol...If I can get three yee haws, I'll start ripping.

Edited to add: Ok, one yee ha, time is moving so slowwww right now....

Comments

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yee haw, yee haw, and yee haw!!!!

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    lol, that'll work

I have to post a cell phone pic though.

• Options
    Commencing rippage
  • Options
    Don Wilson, Danny Frisella, Bruce Dal Canton, Greg Luzinski, Jack McKeon, Jerry Terrell, Bob Tolan, Rich Hebner, Red Sox Team

Bleh
  • Options
    Rippage rage, ripping the 76 inthe picture. lol

Eited to add: Ugh, 76's sucked!lol

Now for another 74!

Ughhhhh, ok I'm done. I shouda left them sealed but they are meant to be opened! haha, got squat in all of them and most were off center or had some damage to them.
  • Options
    On a positive note, if you look at the pic I posted, there is a stack of 75 Topps that have wax stains, dents, etc.....basically a reject pile. Going through it again, a NM Joe Morgan was stuck to the back of a card. Sweetness.
  • Options
    So I decided to rip the remaining 1981 Topps football packs I had from a previous group rip. There are 4 total and there were just so many flaws on the packs. image
    Sure, I'm all alone right now and it would be nice if I'd do this at a decent hour.
    There were some blazers in these packs but all were relatively commons. I did hit a Bradshaw but the corner was dinged. Here is a pic.
  • Options
    Hey Toro, even a bad rip is better than no rip at all! I'm completely out of material to open until my '75 minis show up. Well I do have an '87 Topps rack case sitting around somewhere. Yee Haw!!! image
    I have no collecting direction. I just buy stuff!
  • Options
    Thanks, I'm moving and while packing my stuff, noticed all the group rip I kept unopened from last year's rips. It was basically out of site, out of mind. I don't think I'll ever open another wax pack of 74' or 76's. I kept one of each unopened. I'll probably stick with cello packs. Just horrible quality and centering.

As for football, I had 4 packs of 81's and 2 packs of 84's and 86's. I busted the 84's and 86's in December I believe and hit a Rice and Marino. The 81's were just sitting there calling my name. haha. Someone called it earlier that they wouldn't last. As you can see from my pic they didn't. Some of the cards were beauties but they were both bascially commons. The HOF's I hit , the Bradshaw has a corner ding and the other was off-center. They are pack pulled though!
  • Options
    While I am at it, I'm busting a pack of 1998 SP Authentic from a previous group rip. image

Edited to add: Saw a serial number but it was /1000 and said Leaf. bleh!
  • Options
    Did a 82 Topps FB, nada, so now I'm doing Series 1 Garbage Pail Kids packs (3)

Of course, a miscut Adam Bomb
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    dude!!!! go to BED !!!!!
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Toro, this was all a bad dream. When you wake up, you'll feel better.

You are like a crack addict who can't stop even in the wee hours of the morning. It was a very entertaining read though. Thanks for sharing!!!
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    I gotta believe he'll be pretty hung over when he wakes up!

aconte
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I gotta believe he'll be pretty hung over when he wakes up!

aconte >>

I posted at 1:45am, and got up at 11am. I feel like I have a hangover and I didn't even drink.

Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks like the Joe Montana Rookie. Did you pull that too or is that from a prior pack?

• Options
    Haha, good eyes DPeck,you did notice the Montana I pulled. It was in the fourth and final pack. Off-Center but my first Montana pack pull, so it's going into my PC. Likely a 9(OC). It was a damn thrill pulling it as I didn't expect it. I went through the cards slowly and one by one looking for PSA 10 quality cards. I was happy as heck. I figured why not open whatever else is in front of me. Right now I'm tempted to do the 91 Topps Desert Shield packs I got from BBCE.
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Obviously sleeping it off didn't stop the urge to rip. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.