Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My friend just sent me these pics

tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
For some reason what popped in to my head was the reverses of coins. This were just taken today in Arizona
Post a coin for this guy

Comments

• Options
    coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭
    Wow, those first couple shots do look like the reverses of some older issues. Very cool! image

-Paul
  • Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha thats pretty sweet.
  • Options
    a true AMERICAN beauty
  • Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    That is one handsome bird.
    Nice pics
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The definition of majestic.
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    Here is the eagle over the desert.
  • Options
    And in the swamp
  • Options
    That is so awesome!!!
    Positive:
    BST Transactions: DonnyJf, MrOrganic, Justanothercoinaddict, Fivecents, Slq, Jdimmick,
    Robb, Tee135, Ibzman350, Mercfan, Outhaul, Erickso1, Cugamongacoins, Indiananationals, Wayne Herndon

Negative BST Transactions:
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome!

The CT quarter and commem half come to mind, as do lots of eagles on coins.

Great shots. Especially the second one where he's shrieking (or yawning, or whatever it is that eagles do with their heads thrown back and their mouths open).

Love the blue, blue sky as a background, too.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    And the mountain lake
  • Options
    deltadimemandeltadimeman Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭
    thanks for sharing the nice pics !
  • Options
    And even in space
  • Options

<< <i>The definition of majestic.
    image >>

Same lighthouse is suppose to be on one of the National Park Quarters this year, just different view. image
  • Options
    rawmorganrawmorgan Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    We're getting a lot of them this time of year in the area. Live in STL go to Alton IL, get some real good views. A real nice way to spend the day.
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭✭
    I bet you Ben Franklin didn't get the turkey as the national bird because all of the turkey farmers of the day were worried about losing their turkey sales during Thanksgiving. Can you imagine us eating the national bird? image Early-day politics in action!! image
  • Options
    SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭✭
    wow those are great pictures. thank you for posting. image
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have 'em in the marshes here. Bald eagles, that is. I got some shots of one flying, once (in fact, that platinum coin with the alligator and swamp scene looks like it could have been done with this place in mind), but I've never captured any pictures anywhere near the quality of those in the OP.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    GOWYOGOWYO Posts: 141 ✭✭

<< <i>a true AMERICAN beauty >>

Successful BST with : Wondercoin, DenverDave
  • Options
    Nice!
  • Options
    That is awesome. I love the bald Eagle. It's great to see on the back of coins.
    Winner of the "You Suck!" award March 17, 2010 by LanLord, doh, 123cents and Bear.
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tyvm for sharing those images

been some time since the last nice eagle thread

also it is really messed up to name those images:

Baldy2
    Baldy3
    Baldy4-1

rotfl

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool pics tydye... They are beautiful birds and no wonder they are on many types of coins and a national bird...If you look close in those pics of yours you can see that the Eagle is banded on both legs... Very cool! Must have been captured and released after banding most likely a fish and wildlife program...

ABimage

• Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭
    The only choice for a symbol on our coinage.

Mike
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    way cool pics. i like image
  • Options
    old thread

here is one of the images from the op that is missing

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
    Georgia Southern University in Statesboro, Ga, the city I live by, has a Raptor & Wildlife education and conservation center situated on 17 acres in the middle of campus with several Bald Eagles, other Eagles, Falcons, Owls, other birds of prey, and various other animals, reptiles, etc on display. Pretty neat to visit.

The mascot for the University is a Bald Eagle named "Freedom" who flies down from the top of the pressbox to the center of the field as part of the pre-game show at all home football games and some away games.

Funny/Not-so-funny story that happened to a friend of mine who was a first-year Principle at a local elementary school in Statesboro. A couple weeks after school started someone ran into his office said there was a dead Bald Eagle lying in the middle of the parking lot. To his disbelief he went out there and sure enough there it was, dead. He call the guy who runs the wildlife education center to come out and take a look and the guy told him to rope the area off and don't let anybody come within like 500 feet of the bird. A little while later several unmarked vehicles showed up with lights flashing and taped off the area with crime scene tape. In the meantime my buddy went and looked at the video of the parking lot where the Eagle was and sure enough it caught the Eagle crash landing into it. After lots of picture taking, measuring, note taking and everything else that comes with working a crime scene, they scooped the Eagle up in a trash bag and sent it for autopsy (yes, seriously). Came back as dying of natural causes and falling out of the sky. Weird.

They packaged the remains up and shipped them to an American Indian tribe out in New Mexico or Arizona or something saying by law they have the rights to all deceased Bald Eagle remains.

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭
    and Ben Franklin wanted the turkey as our national symbol image
  • Options
    MarkInDavisMarkInDavis Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>and Ben Franklin wanted the turkey as our national symbol image >>

Ben was brilliant. They should have listened to him.
    image Respectfully, Mark
  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad they didn't choose the Mud Hen ...........

• Options
    PurfrockPurfrock Posts: 545 ✭✭✭
    Very cool. Thanks for posting those.
    EAC, ANA Member
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good thread to bump. Interesting that they actually pose like that.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options

<< <i>Good thread to bump. Interesting that they actually pose like that. >>

i bumped it for the eagles of course but also to remind me of the cool talks tyedye and i have had, especially above saving coins from evil smelters (my designation, not his). lol

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file