Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Where the heck did that come from

While looking through some old boxes of cards seeing if i had a Canseco card for the autograph thread going on now, I stumbled across these cards in a box. And for the life of me I have no idea where they came from and don't remember where I would have gotten them. Since I only collect autos that I get in person I don't know where they came from. So in honor of finding these cards, has anyone else ever found something in their collection that they have no recollection of ever receiving?
Here are the cards i found to go first. Nothing super valuable but there is a signed rookie Tim Raine made out to a Dave I have no idea who is image.

Never did find a 86 Canseco though but did find several 87 A's team sets and a box of 100 86 Topps Tome Seaver traded cards. Thanks for looking in.

Jim
Looking for 66 and 69 OPC baseball
60's OPC packs
72 BB, 60's FB, 71FB, 73FB, 74FB, 75FB, 76FB, 78FB Rack Packs
72 and earlier BB cello

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Jim just yesterday I was in the cellar looking
    through a stack of nonsense and came across an Andy Van Slyke card
    that was autographed. I think I may have gotten it back in the 80's when a friend of his from
    Utica NY gave it to me.

Good for you.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Macros ... PM sent.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Cool finds, Jimmy was a great player and so wasn't Raines and John... That Tim Raines card looks great, is it high grade? Possible 9?

Now Joday Reed, well not sure how many Jody Reed fans are out there, lol.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's really cool Jim.

I found a pin yesterday - and I have no idea how I got it - not very valuable - a St. Louis team pin.
    Mike
  • Options
    I had a Lebron James rookie nameplate patch #/10.... I had been trying to get $100 out of the card for almost a year - no idea where I found it... It just found it's way in... I sold it and the dealer ended up getting $400 for it the same week at auction (Just a PATCH)
  • Options
    I recently found some 74 and 76 Topps packs I forget I had. The terrible results are in another thread.
  • Options
    onebamafanonebamafan Posts: 1,318 ✭✭
    It is fun from time to time to find things we forgot about, it happens to me as well. More times than not they are not valuable, just interesting to find.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    Nothing super valuable but there is a signed rookie Tim Raine made out to a Dave I have no idea who is image.

Jim >>

Something tells me that Dave was a crack dealer

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Nice Jim. I love when I stumble across unopened packs I forgot I had. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    MacrosBMacrosB Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    I do like the fact that except forTommy John I can actual read the names. Much different than the new player autos today.
    Mike, the Raines card seems to be in very nice shape. I think it would get a very good grade.

Jim
    60's OPC packs
    72 and earlier BB cello
  • Options

<< <i>Nice Jim. I love when I stumble across unopened packs I forgot I had. image >>

You know that really means you have way to many packs!
    it happens to me quite a bit, i recently talk about my 1st ever rookie on top pack, and realized i haven't seen it in a long time
    so i went searching for it and found it i'll be posting it in Muggys thread, in the process i found these packs i forgotten completly
    Jose
  • Options
    I sent Raines an '81 Topps and '81 Topps Traded rookie with a $40 check. He kept the check and the cards. Hope he used my $40 for a ticket to the hall of fame since he won't be getting in any other way.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Nice Jim. I love when I stumble across unopened packs I forgot I had. image >>

it happens to me quite a bit, i recently talk about my 1st ever rookie on top pack, and realized i haven't seen it in a long time
    so i went searching for it and found it i'll be posting it in Muggys thread, in the process i found these packs i forgotten completly
    Jose
    image >>

That is a great carlton pack. I love that 67 card.
    If you happen to stumble across any plain ole ordinary cello packs with no stars on them from 71 on back that you forgot about let me know. I'd be willing to help you make room in your house by taking them off your hands and filling in my missing pack examples at the same time. Might give you more room for new star on top packs. image

Jim
    60's OPC packs
    72 and earlier BB cello
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Jose
    image >>

That is a great carlton pack. I love that 67 card.
    If you happen to stumble across any plain ole ordinary cello packs with no stars on them from 71 on back that you forgot about let me know. I'd be willing to help you make room in your house by taking them off your hands and filling in my missing pack examples at the same time. Might give you more room for new star on top packs. image

Jim >>

Jim you know how you mention in you thread that you bought much of your stuff from Steve Mayland, who BTW was probably the biggest unopened dealer ever,, my 60s & 70s star pack collection
    was already done before Steve came into the seen, and i do have at list one of each pack that topps ever made! is that what you'll like to do???
    Jose
  • Options
    That is basicially what I have tried to do both for baseball and football. And for the wax packs getting back to 1960 was pretty easy to do. And I was lucky enough to pick up on some boxes during that time. But I never did seem to pick up on cello packs before 1972 when I was collecting in ernest. So that is something I would like to fill in for my collection. (Plus some OPC packs from the 60s).

Jim
    60's OPC packs
    72 and earlier BB cello