Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

craigslist find

Should I meet the guy at my house and offer him 1,000? Maybe more in cash?
great craigslist find

Comments

• Options
    Not unless you are POSITIVE that they are legit.

Edit: Shouldn't the backs at least have some "vintage stains" or something.
  • Options
    Mdube16Mdube16 Posts: 744 ✭✭
    they are on the internet...they must be real. He said he found them in an old house.
  • Options
    You don't know what to believe anymore. Proceed with caution and get prefessional feedback to know what to look for. In today's day and age, it's hard for me to fathom he doesn't know who Babe Ruth is cant type in sporting news "Babe Ruth".
  • Options

<< <i>they are on the internet...they must be real. He said he found them in an old house. >>

If this didn't clue others in that you were joking, I don't know what will.

Well played and thanks for the laugh.
  • Options
    Ahhh, old house. I missed that one. Then its totally legit... hehe

Why is it that people always find stuff in an attic or a drawer in there house. Wouldn't it make more sense to say I found this in a shoe box at least or, these were passed down from my Grandfather. At least those my sound more believable

Whats funny is that everyone knows Babe Ruth is big money. If I found one, I wouldn't post an ad on craigslist - i get that thing graded or find someone who knows about cards and then head over to ebay. The lister knows that too because that's the first name he posted.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I already bought them. I paid $1000 for them. Did I get a good deal? I'm listing them on the b/s/t forum fo $2000 if anyone is interested.
  • Options

<< <i>Ahhh, old house. I missed that one. Then its totally legit... hehe

Why is it that people always find stuff in an attic or a drawer in there house. >>

I will say this...a couple years back a friend of mine bought a house and while I helped her remodel the kitchen, we found a '59 Topps common in the wall. If it was anything better, I wonder if I would've suggested remodeling other areas of the house, too.
  • Options
    I did read a story online probably about a year ago and I guess this family was facing foreclosure, so the bank was kicking them out and while they were packing and gathering boxes in the attic, someone stumbled upon a box which had comics in it. In there was a Action Comics #1. The guy said he knew immediately what he had found an got it appraised immediately and went to the bank to show them that he had something that could not only get him out of that mess but pay the home off. The article didn't say if he sold it yet at the time it was printed but the bank did hold off the foreclosure at the time is was written, but I'm sure he did.

The funny thing about that article was that the family wanted to remain anonymous because they had gotten the home from a relative. Heck, I would of done the same thing too.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    A guy I work with was remodeling a bedroom and bound several baseball cards in the heating vent. He knew I collected cards so he brought them in for me to look at... they were 1984 Topps commons. That's my life.
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    I remember seeing an almost guaranteed PSA9 Hassan Triple Folder Christy Matthewson Full Panel about 20 years ago that someone brought into my shop before I started learning a little about cards. She found it in an old cigarette box when here grandmother passed away.....this was before grading was big and the old stuff was easily found, so I have no doubts it was real. I didnt buy it. Wish I would have because a PSA 9 woulld have been 5 figures for sure
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    ArchaninatorArchaninator Posts: 824 ✭✭✭