Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

This is what this form is all about

A big thanks to "Cameonut".
He has fixed me up with a great deal on this 1920, Wheat Reverse I have been looking for forever.
I received it today and it is in great shape, that just leave a couple more to go, and I will soon have the complete set 1917, 1929

This has been so much fun trying to put this set together.
Sorry if I were feeling better (Have the Flue)
I would have been able to take a much better picture. My wife won't let me get out of bed, so I took it in bed. LOL

This is what these forms are all about, collectors helping other collectors.
Weather it be with some knowledge or in my case, someone being kind enough to take the time to fix me up with just the slab I needed.
Thanks again "Cameonut"
All the best
Alan

imageimage

Comments

• Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭
    Feel better! Neat coin. That's how most of mine look.
    Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice, dont forget the image
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generous forum folks are great, ain't they? I've been the recipient of a good bit of generosity lately. It's almost time for me to do another giveaway to balance the scales a little.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Thanks guys.
    Alan
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, I give up....what is the 'specialness' of the wheat reverse of 1920? image
  • Options
    Hi Goldbully
    It is one of twelve that where put out by PCGS as A Sample slab dates range from 1917 TO 1929
    I have been trying to get together the whole set for a long time now, and I am almost there
    All the best
    Alan
  • Options

<< <i>Hi Goldbully
    It is one of twelve that where put out by PCGS as A Sample slab dates range from 1917 TO 1929
    I have been trying to get together the whole set for a long time now, and I am almost there
    All the best
    Alan >>

very cool.image

how many of the 12 do you have now???
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice........Just make sure you fill out all forums in triplicate. image
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Options
    Hi coinman420
    I have three more to go to finish the set
    All the best
    Alan
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    So your wife allowed you to have your camera and coins in bed?
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So your wife allowed you to have your camera and coins in bed? >>

• Options

<< <i>Hi coinman420
    I have three more to goto finish the set
    All the best
    Alan >>

to be honest i never heard of this set. kudos on assembling your set so far. image
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options

<< <i>So your wife allowed you to have your camera and coins in bed? >>

Yep and if I clean up after myself she even lets me sleep in it. LOL
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    Here is my 1927.

• Options
    joefrojoefro Posts: 1,872 ✭✭
    Congrats on coming one step closer to completing your set. Cameonut recently helped me with my Lincoln proof set as well. Got me a 1968 and 1972 both in 68 DCAM which is the grade I have been looking for forever! image
    Lincoln Cent & Libertad Collector
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did PCGS do 1921 and 1922 in these slabs or are they permanent holes in the date run??
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options

<< <i>Hi Goldbully
    All the best
    Alan >>

Alan, I have 11 in my collection, which date would the 12th slab be?

17, 18, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29.

Herb
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Those are nice. I have never seen on win person.
  • Options
    notwilight
    That is a real nice looking 1927
    Thanks for sharing it
    Alan
  • Options
    JRoccoJRocco Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Alan,
    Very interesting set you are putting together.
    Either shoot me a PM with the 3 remaining pieces you need or post it here if you like.
    If I see one of them at a local show or online I could give you a holler.
    Some coins are just plain "Interesting"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file