Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Carol ... and the February Specials are??

Hoping for that Super Bowl Special and great rates for ALL types of items.
STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

Comments

• Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Red Flip auto Special...PLEASE...Pretty PLEASE..
  • Options
    I want a $10 PSA/DNA again.

I have a few item to send in.

Dave
  • Options
    4.50 a card special???
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    $10 red flip special would be GREAT
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Red Flip is way overdue..............
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    How about no specials in February???

Sadly, I'm dead serious!

I'd much rather see PSA take a month to evaluate operations and put a plan (and/or resources) in place to fix their growing backlog problem... please PSA, take the month of February and focus on providing poppage for what I assume to be your massive amount of backlogged November & December 2011 C.C. Special submissions!!!

*NOTE: I post this as I sit here still waiting on poppage from a November 45 day special, today is business day #39... after having my other November submission, a regular priced 20 day service level submission, finally pop on business day #29 image
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    If only they had listed their turn times as approximate....
  • Options
    blee1blee1 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately I'm with Epatmythes....Only becuase I have several stitting there past due.
    Skips PSA Exchange
    Successful transactions with: yankeeno7, raiderguy10, Beck6, CDsNuts, DaveP01, Dboneesq, Elemenopeo, gameusedhoop, georgebailey2, Goldlabels, gstarling, justmichael, etc

Working on.........
    Tony Dorsett Master Set
    1977 Topps Mexican FB (raw)
    1957 Topps FB Set (raw or graded)
  • Options
    spacktrackspacktrack Posts: 1,084 ✭✭
    PSA Collectors Club Specials

Collectors Club Special #1
    $5.25 per Card – 25 Card Minimum Quantity Required
    For Sports & Non-Sports Cards – 1956 - Present – For Cards Valued Under $100 each.
    •For Cards Valued Under $100 Each
    •For Gold & Platinum Members
    •Turnaround Time is Approximately 45 Business Days
    •Hurry! All Orders Must be Postmarked Between 2/1/2012 - 2/29/2012!

Collectors Club Special #2:
    $5.50 per Card – 25 Card Minimum Quantity Required
    For Sports & Non-Sports Cards – 1955 and Earlier – For Cards Valued Under $100 each.
    •For Cards Valued Under $100 Each
    •Turnaround Time is Approximately 45 Business Days
    •Hurry! All Orders Must be Postmarked Between 2/1/2012 - 2/29/2012!

Collectors Club Special #3:
    Reviews for $8.00 per Card – 10 Card Minimum Quantity Required
    For Sports & Non-Sports Cards – For Cards Valued Under $250 each.
    •For Cards Valued Under $250 Each
    •Turnaround Time is Approximately 20 Business Days
    •Hurry! All Orders Must be Postmarked Between 2/1/2012 - 2/29/2012

PSA Set RegistrySM Grading Special
    Sports & Non-Sports - $10 Per Card - 10 Card Minimum Quantity Required - 10 Business Days (approx.)
    •For Cards Valued Under $250 Each
    •Turnaround Time Varies with Demand (approx 10 business days)
    •Hurry! All Orders Must be Postmarked Between 2/1/2012 and 3/31/2012!

Extended
    PSA/DNA February Special
    Autograph Grading and Encapsulation Special

Grading and encapsulation of any single signed cut or card sent in with a declared value of $250 or less is now only $15. There is no minimum quantity required. You get the autograph authenticated, autograph graded, and encapsulated in PSA’s tamper evident case for only $15.

(Please note: this is for the autograph only (Blue Flip); licensed trading cards will not be authenticated or graded under this service).

Be sure that your submissions are postmarked by February 29, 2012.

•No PSA Collectors Club membership required!
    •This special is valid for Sport and Non-Sport autographs that will fit into a regular sized PSA holder. This special is not valid for items that would be placed in our 8x10 photo holder.
    •Turnaround Time Varies with Demand.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    $8 review special - 20 day turnaround?? Innnnteresting....
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    I'm still waiting for my 2 subs just to log in. One is the 6 card freebie with subscription and the other is 602 card sub mainly hockey from 1971 to 1985.
    I think i'll give it till tomorrow before calling to make sure it's not on the problem shelf.
    Steve
    PS. 4.50 a card sounds good for 50 cards or more. Any years.
    Die Hard Toronto Maple Leafs Fan !!
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    Kind of a newb question.. But what is the review special? Is that for caards already slabbed? And how does the registry special work? Do the cards just have to be part of a set that I'm working on? 10 bucks any year for 10 day turn around sounds like a good deal.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    spacktrackspacktrack Posts: 1,084 ✭✭
    Review Special: For any cards already graded by PSA that you think may grade higher

Registry Special: Can be any cards regardless of whether or not you're building that registry set
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>$8 review special - 20 day turnaround?? Innnnteresting.... >>

Is that 20 days guaranteed or 'approximate', meaning somewhere around 20 days, not to exceed 365?
  • Options
    JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    I agree with Eric (Epatmythes) on this. About 70% of the time, I'm submitting to add cards to my set, the other 30% I will buy and resell for profit. I hate having money tied up (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) only because PSA takes so long to grade cards. I personally have over 320 cards in the last two submissions, and would rather see these graded before I send another. I've even told myself no more submissions until I receive the two that are slated for ~45 day turn arounds...

I will say, that review does look interesting, though. I have a few Mathews that should qualify for a review. Tempting...

Edit: Question on the review - has anyone ever submitted and received a grade less than they originally had?

Also, YES a red flip auto special would be glorious!

Justin
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Justin,

To answer your question, no they won't lower the grade in a review. I've probably submitted 500 cards or more for review and never had one downgrade. Only on crossovers will you possibly get downgraded.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Justin,

To answer your question, no they won't lower the grade in a review. I've probably submitted 500 cards or more for review and never had one downgrade. Only on crossovers will you possibly get downgraded.

Gemint, in your experience, what is the syuccess % rate for reviews? Is the yusyual byump .5 or 1 full grade?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Ever get an upgrade from a new flip review?
  • Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    Finally a review special (been waiting a YEAR) and it's useless. Only cards valued under $250? Come on.