Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

direct ship program at mint goes from free shipping to 12.50 to.........................

tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭
"government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington

Comments

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    The premium for a $250 Box is only $25.95. So they basically raised the premium from $12 to $25.95. I can live with that if I decide to buy the 2012 Sacs.
  • Options

<< <i>The premium for a $250 Box is only $25.95. So they basically raised the premium from $12 to $25.95. I can live with that if I decide to buy the 2012 Sacs. >>

...yeah but i really liked the zero shipping in the good ol' days. image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The premium for a $250 Box is only $25.95. So they basically raised the premium from $12 to $25.95. I can live with that if I decide to buy the 2012 Sacs. >>

but that is for each box and not for any number of boxes. (last order was for 8 x $250). Seems like a sweet deal now.

I'm not surprised the DS program ended. When the VP said they no longer needed them for circulation, that more or less signaled the end of the DS program and other circulation efforts.

This ending to the DS program is why I had that poll a while back asking if people would pay a premium for boxes of rolls similar to the DS boxes. I'm glad they are offering the large count boxes. I'll be ordering them. I like the hunt.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

...i think it is ridiculous that the banks won't/can't order them from the feds BECAUSE the government doesn't know how

to make these work. it's a shame there is so much incompetence with running this program. they think they're saving so

much money by stopping the minting of the coins. they can't comprehend that the dollar bills are the real waste. image

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    According to the article about 60% of $244 million that were bought were returned to the banks and the banks in turn returned them to the Federal Reserve. I don't blame them for ending the direct ship program. That's a lot of sky miles on people's credit cards that abused this direct ship program.
  • Options

<< <i>According to the article about 60% of $244 million that were bought were returned to the banks and the banks in turn returned them to the Federal Reserve. I don't blame them for ending the direct ship program. That's a lot of sky miles on people's credit cards that abused this direct ship program. >>

...yes there was abuse with the program with the sky miles and that's too bad.

but it just doesn't make sense that uncle sam can't realize the reason the buck coin won't fly is the continuation of the rag

buck production. you have to eliminate the paper bills in order to spark small dollar circulation, that's the solution. imo
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember the wise American people will always vote into office the wisest of the people to manage their affairs.

Somebody must of said that?????????

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file