Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2011 25th ASE PCGS 70s

Is it just me or is the number of auctions on ebay skyrocketing down? Was looking up to buy another set for my g/f as a Valentine's day gift and I was a little shocked how little quantity there are in the market.
Successful BST Transactions with: RMLTM79 (seller), Gerard (seller), bgman (buyer), Coinflip (buyer) | Positive Vendor Transactions/Service with: Stuppler & Company (seller)

Comments

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,298 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is it just me or is the number of auctions on ebay skyrocketing down? Was looking up to buy another set for my g/f as a Valentine's day gift and I was a little shocked how little quantity there are in the market. >>

Unless the prices are correspondingly going higher, then the number of auctions isn't as impactful for me.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    BothuwuiBothuwui Posts: 484 ✭✭
    I just sold a couple 70 sets on EBay. Had 30 people watching each, but only got 2 or 3 bids. Sold for less than I expected too. Interest is still there, just not many people willing to go much above 1450 from what I saw. Or Im just unlucky!
    Successful transactions with: goldman86, dmarks, CoinFame, segoja, commoncents05, wondercoin, Dabigkahuna, Levinll, RNCHSN, MrOrganic, Type2, ModernCoinMart, alohagary, BECOKA, guitarwes, rbf, fishteeth, freechance, agentjim007, PQPeace, Russ, GSAGuy
  • Options
    Ive been tracking the S and RP coins and 70s are very slim in PCGS. Last week I think there were only 5 sales of PCGS RP 70s. All are averaging between 500-600 each
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Is it just me or is the number of auctions on ebay skyrocketing down? Was looking up to buy another set for my g/f as a Valentine's day gift and I was a little shocked how little quantity there are in the market. >>

Unless the prices are correspondingly going higher, then the number of auctions isn't as impactful for me. >>

Prices are going up.
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just sold a couple 70 sets on EBay. Had 30 people watching each, but only got 2 or 3 bids. Sold for less than I expected too. Interest is still there, just not many people willing to go much above 1450 from what I saw. Or Im just unlucky! >>

Selling coins is generally not a matter of luck. --Jerry
  • Options

<< <i>just not many people willing to go much above 1450 from what I saw. >>

Why would anyone spend more than that when they can buy a FS flag set from Goldmart for $1395, or Mercanti sets for $1495 from Provident? Bear in mind that when Goldmart sold out of 70 sets about a month ago we saw prices climb a couple hundred dollars within a week or so for 70 sets. Once they restocked prices have been relatively flat for 70 sets (excluding the mercanti/flag hybrid sets), although the individual coins have moved up a bit on their own. The overall number of listings have dropped off quite a bit and until this past weekend sealed cases were declining on eBay as well. However as long as Goldmart has 70 flag sets at $1395 prices simply are going to remain flat IMO.
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    So, who do you think get more lookers (trafffic) for these set, Goldmart & Provident or eBay? I believe you will always see sale prices higher on eBay than Goldmart & Provident just because more people buy there. sure, a small population of us know about those other guys but the majority don't.
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So, who do you think get more lookers (trafffic) for these set, Goldmart & Provident or eBay? I believe you will always see sale prices higher on eBay than Goldmart & Provident just because more people buy there. sure, a small population of us know about those other guys but the majority don't. >>

Agreed. I knew about Apmex, Gainesville, Provident, etc but hadn't heard of Goldmart til the 25th release.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    Is your g/f a coin collector? if not you should probably buy her jewelry or flowers and chocolatesimage
    Positive:
    BST Transactions: DonnyJf, MrOrganic, Justanothercoinaddict, Fivecents, Slq, Jdimmick,
    Robb, Tee135, Ibzman350, Mercfan, Outhaul, Erickso1, Cugamongacoins, Indiananationals, Wayne Herndon

Negative BST Transactions:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file