Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Where are all the MOH and Army $5 UNC's?

I don't get it, this isn't a WTB thread as I already have had one up for several days on the boards and got zero, nada, neit, not one response or PM. For a commemorative and all the flippers what gives? Are these not doing what was speculated? Not shipped yet? Being held as they will go up more. I post this in frustration and confusion (more confusion) as I figured with all the 25th ASE flipping these would be next, so what gives.

Posted and wanted to buy a $5 UNC MOH and Army, $1 UNC MOH and 50 cent Army UNC, these are the low mintage's right?

Thanks-TN

Comments

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, those are fairly low mintages. I don't plan to sell until the price starts to mature. I'd say that flippers didn't really get into these, but investors did.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    I am a long term SDB hold on these.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most holders are waiting for that Jackie Robinson moment.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    As somebody who has just a few of them they're not like A25 sets where you could make a few grands in a month easily

Flipping 8K mintage coin for $50 profit does not make much sense.

Nor they have too much downside risk with only small premium over melt

So yes - they're sitting and waiting for their time image
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just more commemoratives getting lost in the deluge of new issues. The US Mint has killed the goose that laid the golden egg.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strong hands, I think.

My remain sealed, entombed in that lovely brown box, encaspulated in cardboard, ungraded and underrated ; how boring I am.

Good luck though, someone will pop up when you make the offer one cannot refuse, Texas!

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭
    Here's a few of them... Not mine but here they are... Link
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    I had a WTB post for the Army coin that I bumped several times to no avail. Thankfully I scored one based on melt at FUN, but I would still like another example or two. I have more than a few of the MoH coins though and they're not leaving the pond for quite some time as I believe the MoH coin has a bright future. I recommended these to several friends on another forum and thankfully at least a couple of them made a purchase or two.

• Options
    mikeygmikeyg Posts: 1,002

I'm in agreement with most of the posters...the few I have only come out when I want to admire them.The poster mentioned the 25th ann.sets,and that they expected these coins to be the next big money maker like they were.Well most of us would be tempted to sell at a 300%+ mark up but my impression if I'm correct is that the poster was looking to buy them for close to the issue price so they could sell them for big money.Thats like me going to the BST and wanting to buy 25 ann.sets at $300 so I could sell them for a triple on e bay.That aint happening.If I am wrong about the post (and thats possible)please accept my heartfelt apology.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am still waiting for the 9,000 mintage Smithsonian to make its move ... it's only been about 15 years now image

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    ajmanajman Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am still waiting for the 9,000 mintage Smithsonian to make its move ... it's only been about 15 years now image

Wondercoin >>

image That is so true.
    Beer is Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy -Benjamin Franklin-
  • Options
    Watched two raw examples sell just under $575 on ebay. I am looking for over $700. Have a pair of sealed moh for $1439

Ebay link
    Currently working with nurmaler. Older transactions....circa 2011 BST transactions Gecko109, Segoja, lpinion, Agblox, oldgumballmachineswanted,pragmaticgoat, CharlieC, onlyroosies, timrutnat, ShinyThingsInPM under login lightcycler
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    I have a MOH PF and MS Raw. I don't expect much out of these. I bought these because I like the design. These weren't for flipping for me.
  • Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am waiting for a move also. I mentioned in another thread that I have several relatives who are active duty or ex-military and none of them had heard of these until I told them. I think they will do well in a year or so, until then I'm holding...not looking for a Jackie Robinson move, but $50 won't draw them out...IMHO.

WC, how long will it be before the Smithsonian veterans get around to buying those? image
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options

<< <i>WC, how long will it be before the Smithsonian veterans get around to buying those? image >>

imageimageimage
  • Options
    So everyone is bemoaning the fact they cannot flip a raw coin and make over a $100 profit 30 days after it's 1 year offering period ended??

Geeeze.......we do have short attention spans.

Patience my pretties............
  • Options

<< <i>So everyone is bemoaning the fact >>

Personally I didn't get that impression from all the comments above whatsoever. To me it sounds like most posters above like the coins (particularly the MoH) and simply want to hold on to them as they believe they will be sought after down the line.

Regardless of whether or not they ever take-off, I'll be happy the ones I have as I really like the MoH design in particular. It's by far and away my favorite $5 gold commen image
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I am a long term SDB hold on these. >>

Same here.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file