Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

57-58 BKB... Decent deal?

I don't know the issue too well... Is this a decent deal?
57 bkb

Comments

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    It's a very good deal if all cards are EX. The Cousy graded 5 by PSA would be well over $100. So would Pettit. Ramsey and the couple other HOFers in EX are $60 cards. I can't tell if there's a Sweetw-ter Clifton or Dick Schnittker in the lot but those are cards 1 and 80 and if they're EX or better they're valuable too. It's 100% dependent on condition. If they're VG it's too much.
  • Options
    He's got another 20 cards including another Cousy, he said they are both the same condition... There are a few other stars but no Russell or the first/last card in the set (I believe).
  • Options
    TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭
    With cards, it isn't "location, location, location," it's "condition, condition, condition."

1957-58 basketball sells well even in low grade, but obviously it sells higher the better the condition. Also, be aware that there are many SPs in the set.

I wouldn't be a buyer on these at $500 if they are run of the mill mid-to-low grade; there would have to be a Russell there for it to be worth that.

Here are some recent results raw on eBay that look something like the ones in that picture (without knowing if they have creases):

Cousy: $150-$200
    Pettit: $40
    Ramsey: $20-$50
    Hagan: $30
    Macauley: $25-$40

This would definitely be worth a trip to go look at, but don't put out more money than necessary.
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • Options
    He seemed pretty firm on 1k for all 40 cards, no russell 2 cousy "$25/card beautiful condition"
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say no. Unless you want to keep them for yourself
  • Options
    There is no room at $1,000. He's not even close.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I'm confused they are for sale at 500.00 not 1000.00

Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm confused they are for sale at 500.00 not 1000.00 >>

He has two different $500 lots, each has a Cousy.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Ahhh thanks.
    Good for you.