Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Is there a way to get an ebay notification when a specific item gets listed?

Is there a way to get notifications setup so when certain keywords are contained in a listing, you will get a notification? I'm looking into getting some team signed items, and I was curious if there is a way to enter a search - say "Raiders team signed," and then receive a notification if something with those keywords is listed.
Collect HOF Autos and Anything Raiders.

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt

Comments

• Options
    burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭
    yes - type the search in, when youg et the results you can 'Save Search', and then set it up to send notifications. You can then manage searches later on (edit, delete, add more, etc). Very nice way to get a reminder for those searches you normally do daily and that rarely get a hit.
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>Is there a way to get notifications setup so when certain keywords are contained in a listing, you will get a notification? I'm looking into getting some team signed items, and I was curious if there is a way to enter a search - say "Raiders team signed," and then receive a notification if something with those keywords is listed. >>

You can get a daily email simply by saving the search and clicking on the 'Email me daily' field.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    raiderguy10raiderguy10 Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭
    Sweet. Thank you guys very much!!!!

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • Options
    So I did it, and set it up. I found the daily emails - but is there a faster way to get them; or is that basically it?

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    make the search VERY specific otherwise, you wil get loads of junk emailed to you...
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So I did it, and set it up. I found the daily emails - but is there a faster way to get them; or is that basically it? >>

It will only fire off daily, and send a link of those items that were added with that criteria over the last day.
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.
  • Options

<< <i>So I did it, and set it up. I found the daily emails - but is there a faster way to get them; or is that basically it? >>

There was some post here a few months back that provided a site to set up immediate IM alerts, but damned if I remember the link.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    With Ebay's mail system, good BINs will be long gone by the time they send you that daily email

• Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    Link to thread about BIN notifications.

This works great for BIN's, and it's from a board member.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options

<< <i>With Ebay's mail system, good BINs will be long gone by the time they send you that daily email >>

That's what worries me. If anyone has that link to the thread that explained it I'd appreciate it.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options

<< <i>Link to thread about BIN notifications.

This works great for BIN's, and it's from a board member. >>

BINGO!!! That's the one I was referring to. Thanks
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

• Options
    Awesome. Thanks guys!

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    Since Greg got it working, I've purchased 5 items because of EarlyBirdHQ.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    Is it only possible to add 5 searches in the website? I can only seem to add 5 and then the "add a search" feature disappears.

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    I buy from eBay almost everyday. You might want to consider using an eBay approved service like www.itemalarm.com which is similar to eBay's Saved Searches, but sends email alerts as frequently as you want, even within minutes of new listings, and runs 24/7/365. I use it every day and frequently buy things before my competition even knows they were ever listed! image Good luck!
  • Options
    I use the RSS feeds (the orange button on the bottom of a page) and a program like NetNewsWire. It accomplishes the same thing but my inbox isn't crammed with emails. It's also instant, as soon as an item is listed it updates the RSS feed, rather than email which is sent in bulk at a specific time of day.
    Do You Collect image Baseball 1937,1965-94,2008-09?
    Or Regional Canadian Baseball Issues?
    Come be a contributor to the OPC Baseball Wiki. It's free and easy!
    OPeeChee.Wikispaces.Com
  • Options
    hmmm... itemalarm.com allows unlmited searches. since I trade many differrent items, i have 100+ searches. If i am really interested in an item, i can set it to search every 15 minutes, and the less urgent for every 3 hours or 6 hours or whatever. this limits the number of emails as well. Hope that helps.