Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Group Rip? 1979 Topps Hockey box rip. SOLD AND GONE!

I see Steve has a new 1979-80 Topps hockey box listed for sale. Is there any interest in helping me rip this box? There's a shot at a nice Gretzky. The price would be about $65-$70 per pack.

Here's the twist for this rip that hasn't been tried out before now that I know of.

I will buy all the cards that you get in the packs including the inserts.

I'm determined to get my registry set to #1 this year and It's becoming increasingly expensive for me to find upgrades. I will buy the cards either raw or graded. I can use the raws to complete my extra sets and any upgrade to further my registry set. I'll pay $50-$250 for any 9 or 10's that I don't have.

So what does everyone think?

Mike

Working my way to #1 1979 Topps Hockey
I know it's going to be tough!

Comments

• Options
    I'm in
  • Options
    blee1blee1 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭
    I'm in, I have about 400-500 NM commons at home. What 9 and 10s are you needing. I'm sending in a submission tomorrow, I could add some of those that I think may grade out.
    Skips PSA Exchange
    Successful transactions with: yankeeno7, raiderguy10, Beck6, CDsNuts, DaveP01, Dboneesq, Elemenopeo, gameusedhoop, georgebailey2, Goldlabels, gstarling, justmichael, etc

Working on.........
    Tony Dorsett Master Set
    1977 Topps Mexican FB (raw)
    1957 Topps FB Set (raw or graded)
  • Options
    PM sent blee1
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    What's the general condition of cards from this issue? OC, miscut or anything common?
  • Options
    the most common problems this year has is that the card stock is horrible. The corners are really really sensitive. Surface scratches are very common. Miscut doesn't seem to be a wide spread problem but depending on where they're on the sheet some cards are impossible to find centered. Some cards on the population report have none graded higher then 8 NM/MT.

Thanks for asking,

Mike
  • Options
    I'd be interested
    1981 Topps in Process
  • Options
    Look like there's some interest after all. We'll need about 15 people. After the night crew comes on we just might be able to get this done.

Mike
  • Options
    I'd be in for a couple at first and several more if it sells slowly.

I have quite a few raw cards that I set aside for you before Mike. I'll be able to dig those up in 10 or 12 days. I'll get back to you then.
  • Options
    Thanks Trent.

I sent an email to Steve at BBCexchange and now waiting to hear back.
  • Options
    I would also be interested in some packs.
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    2 packs for me
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    Thanks Jim and Packman.

Waiting on Steve's response to my email.

Mike
  • Options
    shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    Hi, might be into it, a little help on basic questoins:

took a look on ebay, Gretzky 7s seem to be about $300 or so. what else is of value in this set?

how many cards per pack and how many cards in the set?

Thanks
  • Options
    Shu,
    There's 264 cards in a set. 10 cards per pack plus 1 insert. The value comes from finding low population cards that are really hard to find. If you look at the population of this set you will see there are some cards that have not graded any higher then 8.

PSA 10's will sell for around $150-$300 and I can say that I have pulled a few 10's from Steves boxes before.

But what most are looking for is a Gretzky 9 which is worth $1200-$1800 depending on centering.

Hope that helps
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    I'd be down for 2
  • Options
    shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info, i'll take 1 for the fun
  • Options
    I talked to Steve and everythings a go at $65/pack plus shipping.

Mike
  • Options
    sounds great, I'd definitely be in a for a couple packs
  • Options
    I'll be in for 4.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options

<< <i>ook like there's some interest after all. We'll need about 15 people. After the night crew comes on we just might be able to get this done. >>

Sold out in less than 100 minutes. lol