Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Commons 4 Kids!

I know we have a member looking for specific teams --> PMCollectour Here <--- but if you have others here is an option. I saw this over at www.sportscollectorsdaily.com.

"It’s now become more of a business than a hobby; you have old men standing in retail stores, “feeling” packs of cards trying to find the cool jersey cards or autograph cards and it’s pathetic…cards should be for kids!

I currently have tens of thousands of “commons” just setting in a closet, so I’ve decided to donate them to hospitals, shelters or anywhere else I can find so that the cards get into the hands of kids….where they belong.

My wife is also a big part of the project by helping me locate donation spots and doing all the talking/phone work.

We donate any cards – sports, movies, Pokemon, etc!

If you are interested in donating any cards, please contact me at sharky@sharkysworld.com or contact your local hospital or shelter to see if they would take them!"

Web Site

Comments

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I just donated about 10,000 cards to the local children's museum to be used for art projects. They have an art center that focuses on re-using stuff so now they have some sports cards. They were actually mostly semi-stars but I didn't have the time to sell them. I can just picture a dad doing an art project with his kid and cringing at his kid putting glue on the card, cutting holes in them, etc.... I bet a few dads will pocket some of them too!
  • Options
    Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭
    This caught my eye. I have been trying to sell some commons on SportLots. I think I am going to pull down the 1980's - 2000's and send them in or give them away locally. I don’t want to throw them away. I like the art project idea.