Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

WTF?? Ebay bid retractions

Had a Ebay bidder, prekidinho bid on a card last Tuesday. Friday, three days later he retracts the bid saying he entered the wrong amount. So what does this d-bag do, he starts bidding again and goes over his last amount, which I thought was wrong in his mind. Tonight, I get a message from him

<< <i> I would like to withdraw my bid cause your ad is confusing >>

so he retracts all of his bids again. Not sure what kind of scam he is trying to run, but he is blocked now. Why does Ebay allow this kind of crap to go on?
From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
~WalterSobchak

Comments

• Options
    Just to follow up, that bidder prekidinho has 36 bid retractions on Ebay. Must make quite a few mistakes
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options
    That's exctly why the tool to block people is there. I don't know what the scam is unless it's an alt and he just wants to see where his competition is bidding up too.
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    You should have blocked him after the first retraction. I block all bid retractors, and I like to believe it saves me alot of headaches in the future. Make that all VALID bid retractors. If they truly make a mistake with their bid, you are SUPPOSED to retract your bid, and place another bid immediately. That almost never happens though. It is usually people waiting a day or so, and then for whatever reason, change their mind.