Home Sports Talk
Options

Sidney Crosby Broken Neck

I think this story is just coming out but apparently Crosby hired his own doctor (went around the team) who discovered that he actually broke his neck in two spots when he had his first concussion symptoms. Pretty wild...

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of his but that would suck. He was good for the game as he was vilified by a lot of fans which spurred debate. Plus did have sick skills albeit he was soft. An enigma. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    That's a big story. You would think the leagues would send these guys to the Mayo Clinic for all of their physicals and 2nd opinions. It's still hard to believe Kirby Puckett & the Twins never gave him a regular eye check-up and he had glaucoma -- that's a fairly preventable disorder from what I recall...
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No good. Sounds like Peyton Manning's situation.
  • Options

I have read on another board that this might be good news. The dr. that found this is saying that this could heal and he could be playing by the time the playoffs start. There are also reports that he didn't get a second concussion and that the symptoms he had were from the broken neck. At least he knows now what exactly what his injury is.
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    do you have a link to his neck injury not being soft tissue?

soft tissue could be a smoke screen for a degenerative disk...one would think he woulda had an MRI on his neck as well, if that is what he felt like was giving him issues.

i wish him the best regardless.

besides, my daughter wants to marry him.

latest
  • Options

<< <i>No good. Sounds like Peyton Manning's situation. >>

this is comparable to the flyers management and Eric Lindros