Home Precious Metals
Options

Is there a way, or system in place, to rate or view feedback from on-line bullion dealers ?

Is there a way to research and learn about feedback from on-line bullion dealers ? There seems to be so many of them, and obviously with these kinds of sales, one wants to be careful. I know about the "big" ones, APMEX, Scottsdale, etc. But what about the hundreds of smaller ones. I'm surprised I could not find a site in which people can rate their purchases with all of these places.

I saw some 1oz Northwest Territorial Mint silver bars on eBay. They look nice, and I grabbed a few. Checked out their site, and prices seem reasonable. But it's kind of a small site, and I'd like to learn more before I start dealing with them.

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best to just ask here as you did with Northwest, and someone will eventually chime in. I have no experience with Northwest. I can speak very highly of tulving.com and onlygold.com (ask for Richard if you call, their specials are what interest me) when buying quantity.

A more specific title such as "Seeking feedback on Northwest Territorial Mint" will grab the attention of anyone who has dealt with them. Also an internet search of the name will sometimes point out problems others have had.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    I have been tempted to buy from them too but never pulled the trigger.
    I'd rather buy the PanAm bars, they are more neat, IMO.
    Having said that, I heard they are reliable but it takes too much for the delivery.
    MM

edited to add: we discussed a while back about a website with ratings for several dealers. I can't find it now and don't recall if it was reliable or not.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    My first physical silver purchase was from NWT in late 2008 when spot bottom out below $10/oz. They were the only place offering a premium of less than $2/oz on 100oz bars at the time. I ordered 3. I had to wait about 6 weeks to get them in hand, but it was worth the price savings at the time.

They're actually quite a large operation. As far as I know, they own a bunch of silver mining operations in South/Central America. Their prices are okay, pretty good even on large amounts of small coins/bars, but not the best. I haven't bought from them since that first purchase.

Currently I use Gainesville for most of my orders. I've also looked at Provident Metals (who also ships to Canada), and their prices are basically the same as Gainesville. I would use Tulving, but they don't and won't ever ship to Canada image
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections