Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

A little help-joining PSA

I have some cards that need grading. So how does it work? If I join psa can I get any cards graded under my "free" or does it have to be regular topps cards..mo oddball stuff.
Do they charge more for grading a bazooka box as oppsosed to a 196topps? Would it be cost effective to get the oddball stuff graded with the "free" grading that comes with membership?
I have bazooka boxes,pin ups, topps comics, venzualens,ect...

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you can only get standard sized cards graded and possibly no high dollar cards with the free vouchers you get when joining. As long as they're regular sized, "oddball" or Venezuelan's are fine.

They do not charge more for larger items, but they must be submitted separately. Some Bazooka boxes are too big, I had a '68 and a '71 come back as too big, but they graded my '66 box.

Hard to answer the cost effective effect on the oddball, if you get high grades, of course people ask a lot. The paper issues (pin-ups, comics, bucks) seem to get graded VERY strictly while the Venezuelan's I have sent in seem to be graded fairly.

Even though I have been frustrated at PSA's grades, I would highly recommend joining the club!

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    From this website:

A voucher for six Submissions ($90 value) - Seven-business-day turnaround (approx.). All six cards must be submitted at the same time. Maximum value per card allowed is $499. T3s, tickets and autographed cards* are not allowed on this voucher.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.