Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Ebay trickery

YQQYQQ Posts: 3,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

it appears that Feebay is playing some dirty tricks.

1 has anyone ever checked the size of the images after you click enlarge?
they are the same fricking size, right down to the mm......go measure it
beats me...

2 free listing days.... they "conveniently" let a year old free day slip in between their announcements....
Just wondering how many fall for it.... I nearly did....

that is outright trickery and misleading!!!!! and should be illegal.
yes, read it.... that will be the way out... it does say...... ( but is a year old)
wish there was a alternative...., but maybe there is????????
H
Today is the first day of the rest of my life

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate the eBay picture hosting, mostly for that very reason. I usually do put one picture in there so it will show at the top and in the search galleries, but then I use self-hosting and some elementary HTML to put full sized pictures in the body of my listing.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    I have a few listings (non-coin) out there now and I used large photos (2000 x 1800 or so) and when the enlarge button is hit, you get nice big pics. I used the standard ebay picture software.

It says that you will get best results with pics that are at least 1600 per side. They're right.
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have a few listings (non-coin) out there now and I used large photos (2000 x 1800 or so) and when the enlarge button is hit, you get nice big pics. I used the standard ebay picture software.

It says that you will get best results with pics that are at least 1600 per side. They're right. >>

True!!
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    can any of you guys please do a step by step on these large Images to feebay?
    Not taken the pix. that I am ok with. but to get these "leave nothing to the imagination" images up to the bay.
    I have no Idea about the html stuff, but am a fast learner.
    Right now I am using Auctiva.
    Advantage being that I can do the listings, let it sit at Auctivia, and have them posted when I want to, staggered, or all at once.
    It is possible to have 24 Images for each item. If you sell a lot of , lets say 10 MS68 CC Dollars (lololololo), you actually can show each side LARGE. all at no extra Ebay cost
    Pay auctiva $ 10 a month for GB upload
    check it out, they give you one month trial free
    H
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Photo Bucket which is free. Upload your image. When you list make sure you are in HTML mode, copy the html link from Photo Bucket and paste it in your description. When you are done it look like this:

eBay auction

No charge from eBay.

oops! I see you are talking about the enlarge images.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options

<< <i>I usually do put one picture in there so it will show at the top and in the search galleries, but then I use self-hosting and some elementary HTML to put full sized pictures in the body of my listing. >>

Here is a sample of what I do.

Pretty much just like ajaan.

Like ajaan, I use Photobucket to host pictures. Just stick any old thing into the picture slot for your top image. Put the real, full-sized pictures in your description where folks can scroll down to see them. Forget about eBay's "enlarge" and "zoom" features. They suck, and are slow. At least in my humble opinion.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    NumisMeNumisMe Posts: 841 ✭✭

Awsome closeups lordmarcovan

...but aren't you afraid that someone will clone your fingerprints? image
  • Options
    Eh, yeah. I'd just treated that thing with Renaissance Wax. It did get a little messy. image

Oh- you meant the fingerprints on my fingers? Yeah, those were pretty amazing macro shots, by my standards.

It only took me about 200 exposures per side to get ones I liked. image

(And my white cotton gloves got ruined- I need to get a few more pairs.)