Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

One of my newps from NYINC

A Teutonic taler. The figure is Maximilian III, but the order was really German (not Imperial). Dav-5848, and graded MS62.

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    That's a looker!
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy cow that's nice.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Motivated me to look up more information. In other words, a very cool piece.
    Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Motivated me to look up more information. In other words, a very cool piece. >>

Thanks everyone. I have a much larger lite-side collection, but since my venture into the dark side (thanks, Anikan!) I couldn't be happier. There is so much history and cool coins. Don't need to be a gem Early Dollar or 94-S dime to impress. The only down side is that there is too much to learn.

This also nicely fits my University degree in medieval European history, specializing in English history (see my other thread about the sceattas).

EVP

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing taler, EVP!
  • Options
    WWWWWW Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations, EVP. That is one very impressive looking taler.
    But be careful, the Darkside is full of traps. Especially the talers. image
  • Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a gorgeous piece! Thanks for sharing.

Best Regards,

George
    VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    Great piece EVP. That reverse is a true work of art.
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey EVP I recall you entrenched in liteside stuff years back - glad you came out of the closet image

Best perhaps is to pick a series or country or denom or theme...and run with it...

I agree with your message v/s the 94S image

BTW nice pick up - actually like it alot.

Beware of the "Z" ... he likes this stuff alot.

• Options
    I've already met Zohar. He and I aren't really competition for each other since he has a narrower focus than I and I don't consider his area a priority area for me. And, I don't do medals.

As for lite side stuff, I have a hard time finding stuff I like that won't cost moon money. Still, I keep an eye on things just in case...

• Options
    3Mark3Mark Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    EVP:

Where is the pic of the Saxony thaler in 63 that you got in NY?image BTW, I am also a English History major, but collect German.

Larry
    3Mark
    I'm traveling on memory and running out of fuel.
  • Options

<< <i>EVP:

Where is the pic of the Saxony thaler in 63 that you got in NY?image BTW, I am also a English History major, but collect German.

Larry
    3Mark >>

Hey! You didn't make it to NYINC. How come? As for the Saxony, I don't have someone else's pictures of it and am too busy to take my own. Have you seen it? It's sweet, but a teeny bit darkly toned making it hard to see nice colors.