Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Never was so much on ebay and yet was so few

OK, it's a completely botched up, grammatically disastrous version of the famous Churchill line. TIme is of the essence...

Every time ebay has a free listing day, the parade of overpriced junk comes out in force and makes surfing more of an act of penance than one of fun.

I feel bad for people who feel the need to photograph every AG-VG modern coin they own and list each separately. This may be the most colossal waste of human labor other than during US tax season (or maybe it's even more, who can tell?).

I don't know about you, but it takes me a heckuva long time just to list 5-10 coins. Maybe I need some advice on how to reduce the time it takes.
Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.

Comments

• Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use Auctiva..
    you do one, a similar coin is a piece of cake....
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    What gets my goat is the 10,000 search limit. On bad days I can't do a 24 hour search so a couple of thousand coins go unlooked at. You never know there might be something good, ok not likely..... but you never know.
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with wybrit 100%.

As for how to list coins more quickly, you can use ebay's turbo lister, but it's mostly help for regular sellers with a big volume of coins every other week or so...

What gets my goat is the 10,000 search limit. On bad days I can't do a 24 hour search so a couple of thousand coins go unlooked at.

That is also true. I often remember Clankeye's approach to that, which was simply to look at slabbed coins only. Evidently, this isn't a solution for several members here, and Gazza in particular, but it crossed my mind, so I'm posting it.

Whatever happened to Carl anyway?
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3