Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Hartland Figurines/Mystery Japanese Figurines

The only tidbit I could find via Google is that the 25 Anniversary versions have "25th Anniversary" on the belt buckle, but it is oftentimes hard to see. I also know that the originals tend to have much more yellowed plastic than the 1988 remakes. Does anyone else have anything helpful?

Edit: I went home to look at the replica set I have, and they all have a circle under the copyright that says 25th Anniversary.

I bought the figures that spawned the post, so I have some follow-up questions:

1. The Hartlands are originals, there are 9 different ones (unfortunately no Groat, batboy, or umpire), but some of them have brown spotting that looks almost like foxing on old paper. Is there any hope of cleaning this off, and if so, what should I use?

2. There were also two Japanese figurines. One had a circle missing from the bottom, the other had the circle and it was stamped "Made in Japan." These do not appear to be banks, as there are no coin slots. Does anyone know what they are?

Collecting Tony Conigliaro

Comments

• They were printed 25 years apart.
  • all the originals have hartland plastics on the legs/body, arms, or mid sections...
    coloring is different too...
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭
    Bump for purchase completed and pictures.
    Bump if anyone can help.
  • lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭
    if you can't find a suitable answer here you might chip off an email to Rick at Romito. He deals in a lot of these various sports figures.
    Update: I cleaned the Hartlands with dish soap and water, and they look absolutely fantastic! They don't even look like the same pieces. If anyone else runs into this issue in the future, that is how you clean them.