Home Precious Metals
Options

Italy and Spain - Revolt - PM up!

SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
Italy And Spain Launch Frontal Assault On German Austerity

The changes in policy that the Italians and Spanish are calling for are radical: A huge increase in the European bailout funds, massive bond-buying QE by the ECB, increased government spending on a massive scale, Eurobonds and a debt union.

More debt is the answer! image
Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!

Comments

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    We need worry about USA no one else~PERIODimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are seeing the ghost of Christmas Future in Europe right now. California and New York. Florida and New Jersey.

All I know is that I don't go around spending more than I make and borrowing bigtime to make up the difference.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    scotty1419scotty1419 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>All I know is that I don't go around spending more than I make and borrowing bigtime to make up the difference. >>

Amen - dont mean to make this political, but when I hear political ads with lines like "He has consistently voted against raising taxes" etc, it makes you wonder.
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So....silver should be up to $40 soon, according to that article, eh?

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they should stop sending out government checks and instead put people to work building and running flophouses and soup kitchens for the unemployed under 50

I bet you'd see unemployment plummet. People would take any kind of work to get money to pay their cell phone bills and purchase their cappucinos.

Perhaps governments tend to make it too easy to be unemployed.

Today, increasingly (not always, you absolutists, but lots of times) the word " Unemployed " doesn't mean "Can't find any work to do", it means "Can't find work doing what I want to do and/or have been doing, when I want to do it, where I want to do it, for how much I want to be paid, with all the fringe benefits that I want, but I'm looking, can I have my check now?"

It could be that this has to change before any western culture begins to climb out of this morass

Not to mention "People are entitled to all the health care they need, from cradle to grave"

the math just doesn't work out, because each person's health care "needs" will eventually approach infinity, with better and better life-quality and -extension technnology being developed

this might be a painful change to go through for a lot of people are going to have to reduce their expectations of having their needs and wants provided for by others

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    We need build infrastructure not nations in far away deserts.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    sumrtymsumrtym Posts: 394 ✭✭✭
    I just find it funny how people go out of their way to protest abortion, but once a person is born they don't seem to give a crap if they live or not (i.e. health care). For my money, I'd rather have universal health care than 100 new 1 billion dollar planes that are unneeded just to pad some defense contractor / state / lobbyist pocket.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For my money, I'd rather have universal health care

Wow, you can afford to pay for unlimited health care for everyone in the whole Universe?

You must be really rich!

You should help the Gov't figure out how to pay for unlimited health care for just all the American citizens then.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    sumrtymsumrtym Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

<< <i>For my money, I'd rather have universal health care

Wow, you can afford to pay for unlimited health care for everyone in the whole Universe?

You must be really rich!

You should help the Gov't figure out how to pay for unlimited health care for just all the American citizens then. >>

20% reduction in military spending would easily cover universal health care. The U.S. is really rich...if we stop funneling all the cash into defense contractors.
  • Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe they should stop sending out government checks and instead put people to work building and running flophouses and soup kitchens for the unemployed under 50

I bet you'd see unemployment plummet. People would take any kind of work to get money to pay their cell phone bills and purchase their cappucinos.

Perhaps governments tend to make it too easy to be unemployed.

Today, increasingly (not always, you absolutists, but lots of times) the word " Unemployed " doesn't mean "Can't find any work to do", it means "Can't find work doing what I want to do and/or have been doing, when I want to do it, where I want to do it, for how much I want to be paid, with all the fringe benefits that I want, but I'm looking, can I have my check now?"

It could be that this has to change before any western culture begins to climb out of this morass

Not to mention "People are entitled to all the health care they need, from cradle to grave"

the math just doesn't work out, because each person's health care "needs" will eventually approach infinity, with better and better life-quality and -extension technnology being developed

this might be a painful change to go through for a lot of people are going to have to reduce their expectations of having their needs and wants provided for by others >>

• Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    20% reduction in military spending would easily cover universal health care.

Let's see, for Fiscal Year 2010, total defense spending was $689 Billion so 20% of that would be $137.8 Billion.

So, $137.8 Billion divided by 300 Million people = $459 per person.

Yeah, $459 should cover everybody's health care for a year! image

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Italy And Spain Launch Frontal Assault On German Austerity

The changes in policy that the Italians and Spanish are calling for are radical: A huge increase in the European bailout funds, massive bond-buying QE by the ECB, increased government spending on a massive scale, Eurobonds and a debt union.

More debt is the answer! image >>

yes more debt is the answer, we got the paper to print it on image